Question

Honor Student
SKIP1944
Message 1 of 5 (1,602 Views)

CAN MY ALL IN ONE SCAN DIRECTLY TO A FLASH DRIVE?

mY MACHINE IS A HP PHOTO SMART 5280,MY SYSTEM IS WINDOWS 7 64 BIT

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 5 (1,594 Views)

Re: CAN MY ALL IN ONE SCAN DIRECTLY TO A FLASH DRIVE?

The C5280 can scan directly to an inserted memory card, see page 11 of the manual here.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
SKIP1944
Message 3 of 5 (1,581 Views)

Thanks Bob: I guess I asked the wrong question,so here goes.I have a flash drive that plugs into the usb port on my computer,that is what I need to know if I can scan directly to . Thanks: Herb

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 5 (1,570 Views)

[ Edited ]

SKIP1944 wrote:

Thanks Bob: I guess I asked the wrong question,so here goes.I have a flash drive that plugs into the usb port on my computer,that is what I need to know if I can scan directly to . Thanks: Herb

It would not hurt to try, but probably it will not work.  Generally the USB port on the front is designed for PictBridge camera connections and you will get an error message if you insert a USB flash memory.  I tried it on my c309a and it does allow this, with a "scan to USB Flash" option.  My Officejet 7410 and Photosmart 2610 both give a message about a unrecognized device, and say that only a PictBridge device in PictBridge mode may be used.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Student
trastello
Message 5 of 5 (1,465 Views)

I have a 6500A and am unable to locate the port for a USB 2.0 flash drive.  I see the port on the backside with the USB symbol, but it is different than other USB ports and my flash drive does not fit.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation