09-21-2011 08:29 PM
The scanning feature produces photo images that are too light & washed out no matter what I do to the settings. I've cleaned the cartridges/print heads, messed with the brightness and contrast, etc....to no avail. I noticed the light that scans the image is no longer 'blinding' like it used to be....is there a bulb or something that I can replace to help it pick up the colors when I scan?
09-21-2011 08:59 PM
Thanks for your post.
Unfortunately you cannot replace the bulb.
If the scanned photo images viewed from PC do not have the issue, then there is high chance that there is something wrong with the printer or printhead. If the scanned photo images viewed from the PC already showing light and washed out, then there is a high chance that error happens during scanning.
You can try using the link below to help you resolve the issue.
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax