09-21-2011 08:29 PM
The scanning feature produces photo images that are too light & washed out no matter what I do to the settings. I've cleaned the cartridges/print heads, messed with the brightness and contrast, etc....to no avail. I noticed the light that scans the image is no longer 'blinding' like it used to be....is there a bulb or something that I can replace to help it pick up the colors when I scan?
09-21-2011 08:59 PM
Thanks for your post.
Unfortunately you cannot replace the bulb.
If the scanned photo images viewed from PC do not have the issue, then there is high chance that there is something wrong with the printer or printhead. If the scanned photo images viewed from the PC already showing light and washed out, then there is a high chance that error happens during scanning.
You can try using the link below to help you resolve the issue.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers