HP Photosmart premium c309g-m not scanning (9552 Views)
Top Student
colorado2mama
Message 1 of 4 (9,552 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Photosmart premium c309g-m not scanning

I have an HP photosmart premium c309g-m all-in-one that I am trying to use wirelessly with my HP laptop that is running windows 7.  I can print wirelessly just fine but I cannot scan to my computer I have tried using the printer controls  as well as windows fax and scan.  It will allow me to scan from the printer to a memory card (although when I try to load the scanned jpeg from my memory card to my computer it shows as corrupted) but i cannot get it to scan to my computer. 

Tech support said it must be Norton 360 firewall but when I contacted Norton they turned off the firewall and it still wouldn't work and now tech support says I am a month out of warranty and won't help me unless I pay them and I am reluctant to pay to get the same answers I have been getting for 9 months now, so I thought perhaps someone here could save me some money and help me.  I am also tired of the pass the blame game of: oh it is qwest's fault, now it is windows 7's fault then it is norton's fault, I even had one tech tell me it was my fault as this printer cannot scan wirelessly but it has worked before on my old network. 

When I ran the scan diagnostic it says no scanners installed so we re-installed the software, updated the drivers but it still says the scan driver is corrupt or missing and it cannot update the driver.  When I run the network diagnostic utility it says no printers found on the network but yet the printer says no problems found and the network is setup correctly and I still have no problem printing wirelessly I just cannot scan.  Please help me!!!

Top Student
colorado2mama
Message 2 of 4 (9,508 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart premium c309g-m not scanning

[ Edited ]

If anyone else has this problem I finally solved it, (no thanks to HP tech support) here's how: 

I turned off my firewall then I reinstalled the software from the website (yet again) then I found this download for a software patch  http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-77751-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...=  (even though I never had Vista on this computer only windows 7 so I did not upgrade) after that I went to the start menu to HP, HP photosmart premium c309g and finished installing the software then rebooted and it worked.  Since then the only time I had an issue was when my computer shut itself down due to low battery and when I came back from the sleep mode my printer was offline and the scanner didn''t work so I rebooted and the printer and scanner worked perfectly!
Oh and I tried all the different diagnostic tools which did not help whatsoever.
Student
Pele66
Message 3 of 4 (997 Views)

There is no way to fix the problem ...Buy an other scan device, hp scan devices is the worst **bleep** on the market,,,but the printers are great!!!!!

Student
BCZonie
Message 4 of 4 (832 Views)

My scanner-printer-copier all-in one used to work on our local wireless network just fine.  Some event, perhaps an HP update, renamed my device from HP Photosmart Premium c309g-m at a given "address" to HPFECED (Photosmart Premium C309g-m) (Copy 1) at a different location address.  This is the only printing/scanning device on my computer and the printer works fine.  I've tried every HP support download/installation/suggestion possible.   Our wireless network is otherwise working fine.

I noticed that the scanner defaults to search for the originally-named device at the original location.  It cannot see the HPFECED device and I find no way to change the default search. 

Can anyone help me change the default setting for the scanner's device search?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation