Question

Tutor
wassie
Message 1 of 6 (5,395 Views)

HP Scanjet 4470c not compatible with Windows Vista 64 bit

I tried downloading drivers for my HP Scanjet 4470c so I can use it with my new HP Pavilion Computer which has Windows Vista 64 bit Software.  Only to find out that there are no drvers available.  WHY??  What am I supposed to do, replace my scanner?  Not with an HP if drivers aren't available.  Disappointed in HP.
Honor Student
DogPatch
Message 2 of 6 (5,384 Views)

Re: HP Scanjet 4470c not compatible with Windows Vista 64 bit

HP Sales told me the same thing, but I don't know if I believe her. She said that my HP Lasarjet 3200 is outdated and will not work

with my new computer, and Vista.  I paid $1200.00 for this HP lasar printer 8 years ago and it worked great without any problems. It is

a printer, scanner, copier, & fax.  It has been used for a total of about 8 hours and still has the original toner cartridge. We bought it for

business and only used it to print a few invoices. Then 9/11 happened and our business went under, so it was not used again.

8 years later I am unemployed and want to start a new business, so I bought a new computer and the HP will not work. Their is not

a USB connection on my Gateway that will accept the cable from the HP.  If I could somehow find an adaptor, I have read in the forums

that there is not a driver for Vista.

Am I to give up and loose hope that I can still use my expensive lasar all-in-one, or is there hope?

Anyone?

I appreciate anything that anyone can share about this situation.

Student
cgal
Message 3 of 6 (4,589 Views)

I have an 8 year old scanjet 4470c that is in perfect condition and just realized it is not compatible with my Dell Inspiron 9400 with Vista.  I checked HPs site and it appears they still not have a Vista driver for this device...can you confirm, or is there something out there that works?  Was thinking of upgrading to Windows 7 but seems it's having the same problem.  How much work is involved in having HP produce these drivers?  I know they've done it for other devices - why not this one?  I'd really like to be able to use my scanner.  I t does tend to turn you off HP when they don't keep the drivers up-to-date with OS...mind you, maybe they don't get a lot of heads up when the OS changes...so I'm asking HP - could you please add this driver to your new solutions?  Thx

Student
Stratman1969
Message 4 of 6 (4,240 Views)

I am absolutely INCENSED at HP for not having drivers for Windows 7 (32 or 64bit) as well as Vista. There is NO excuse for this except that HP wants you to buy NEW equipment! I for one am NEVER going to buy another HP product  until the ONES I HAVE ALREADY BOUGHT are supported in the new operating systems. I advise everyone who reads this to do the same. :smileymad:

Intern
fanaudi1
Message 5 of 6 (3,798 Views)

Hi ,

If you look here , there are tricks and solutions to make the scanner work in Vista/W7 mode . I succeeded to make mine work in WIA : http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Operating-systems-and-software/Vista-compatable-driver-for-HP-scanjet-4...

Good luck !

Regards ,

Fanaudi

Intern
fanaudi1
Message 6 of 6 (3,706 Views)

Have Win XP install disk ? You can download VMware Player http://www.vmware.com/products/player/

and install virtual Windows XP on your W 7 HDD . Easy and harmless to your basic OS ( Vista / Win 7 ) . Worked fine for me anyway .

Fanaudi .:smileywink:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation