Question

PhD Student
Praveen_David
Message 1 of 39 (27,997 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Solution Center does not save scanned files

Many of us all are having problems with "Scan Files do not appear in the saved folder" or "scanned files disappear after scanning" or "Scan to list is empty in HP Solution Center".

To resolve the issue, perform below steps

Note: Below steps are applicable if version of HP Solution is 13.

To check the version of HP Solution:

a) Open “Programs and Features” in “Control Panel”

b) Look for the entry HP Solution Center. 13 should be displayed beside it.

Resolution:

Using printer s/w CD:

=================

Note: Check the version number printed on the CD label. It should be 13. Close HP Solution Center if it open.

1) Insert the s/w CD into CD-ROM drive and close any HP installation window if it opens.

2) Open “Computer” èRight click on CD-ROM drive and select “Explorer”

3) Open “Setup” folder è Open “Destinations” folder

4) Open “Destinations.cab” file

5) Look for the file “hpqxmlul.dll”. Select this file and click on “Extract”. Save the file to “Desktop” screen

6) Right click on the file which is saved to desktop and select “Rename”

7) Change the name to hpqxmlul.dll.

8) Now right click this file and select Copy.

9) Open “Computer”è C:/ drive è Program Files è HP è Digital Imaging è bin folder

Note: If you see “Program Files(x86)” folder, open this folder instead of “Program Files” folder.

10) Paste the file in the bin folder. If you receive message saying “File already exists – Replace the file”, select “Yes”.

11) Now open HP Solution Center and try scanning.

If you have downloaded the software, then:

1) Double click the saved driver file. This will extract the contents. Close the install screen when it appears

2) Click on Start è Run. Here type %temp% and click OK. This will open TEMP folder.

OR

Click on Windows icon è In Search box type %temp% and press Enter key on keyboard.

3) Open latest 7z folder è Open Setup folder è Open Destination folder

4) Refer to Step 4 as above and follow the remaining steps.

Cause: Issue is with the incorrect version of hpqxmlul.dll file present in the bin folder.

If the issue still persists, then depending on the OS install the patch:

a) Windows XP 64 bit:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=oj-82873-1&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en

b) Windows Vista and XP 32 bit:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=oj-79942-3&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en

c) Windows 7:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=oj-81532-2&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
PhD Student
Praveen_David
Message 2 of 39 (27,995 Views)

Re: HP Solution Center does not save scanned files - CUE 13

If HP Solution Center version is CUE 14, refer to below link:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-faxing-and-copying/HP-Solution-Center-does-not-save-scanned-fi...

Honor Student
Diane-Florida
Message 3 of 39 (27,904 Views)

Re: HP Solution Center does not save scanned files

I'm sorry, but the following in your solution is gibberish to me:

"If you have downloaded the software, then:

"1) Double click the saved driver file. This will extract the contents. Close the install screen when it appears

2) Click on Start è Run. Here type %temp% and click OK. This will open TEMP folder.

OR

Click on Windows icon è In Search box type %temp% and press Enter key on keyboard.

3) Open latest 7z folder è Open Setup folder è Open Destination folder

4) Refer to Step 4 as above and follow the remaining steps.

"Cause: Issue is with the incorrect version of hpqxmlul.dll file present in the bin folder."

I would sincerely appreciate it if you would elaborate on each step, such as where is the driver file, and clean up the symbols that don't belong.

Thank you. I've been a very loyal HP customer for many years (with multiple laptops and printers) but I'm frustrated beyond belief.

Diane

PhD Student
Praveen_David
Message 4 of 39 (27,891 Views)

Hi Diane,

Which printer model you are using? We can download the printer software from HP website.  Videos at the following link will explain you how to download the software from HP website.

http://hphowto.pb.feedroom.com/hp/hphowto/cleanshowcase/player.swf?site=hphowto&skin=cleanshowcase&f...

Follow the video and download the software for your printer to computer.

Once the driver is downloaded completely, double click the file and it will extract the files. HP Installation wizard window will open after the extraction is complete. So close this wizard window.

If you are using Windows Vista/Windows 7, then:

a) Click on the Windows icon at bottom left of the computer screen.

b) In the "Search" box type below text as it is and  press Enter on the keyboard 

%temp%

This will open TEMP folder.

c) Now open folder which starts with 7z. You might find several such folders. So open the latest one created for Date and time.

d) Now open "Setup" folder

e) Open "Destinations" folder

f) Double click the file "destinations.cab" file.

g) Look for the file "hpqxmlul.dll1".  Select this file and click on “Extract”. Save the file to “Desktop” screen

h) Right click on the file which is saved to desktop and select “Rename”

i) Change the name to hpqxmlul.dll.

j) Now right click this file and select Copy.

k) Open “Computer” ==>  C:/ drive ==> Program Files ==> HP ==>  Digital Imaging ==> bin folder

Note: If you see “Program Files(x86)” folder, open this folder instead of “Program Files” folder.

l) Paste the file in the bin folder. If you receive message saying “File already exists – Replace the file”, select “Yes”.

m) Now open HP Solution Center and try scanning.

Student
CindyKM
Message 5 of 39 (27,867 Views)

David,  I tried everything that you said, along with uninstalling and reinstalling the CUE 14 software and I my scans still don't scan into any folder.  I am using OfficeJet Pro 7590 and Windows 7.  A couple of files are different, though, than what you have listed.  In the Destinations.cab folder (Step 4), there is only a "hpqxmlul.dll1" file and a "hpqxml.dll ...." file.  I tried renaming the "hpqxmlul.dll1" to "hpqxmlul.dll", without success,  then tried renaming it "hpqxmlul.dll1" without success.  I noticed that in my "bin"  file  I have  three files: "hpqxmlul" version 90.0.91.86, "hpqxmlul.dll" version 13.0.0.131, and "hpqxmul.dll1" version 13.0.0.131.  The current downloaded file from HP, "OJProL7X00_Full_14" has those same versions in it.  So I tried to install the patch, however, it wouldn't let me install it as it then showed a window saying the the patch won't work on the version of of software that I have installed. So, what do I try next? 

PhD Student
Praveen_David
Message 6 of 39 (27,821 Views)

Hi Cindy,

Do not worry about the remaining files. We need to concentrate only on the file "HPQXMLUL.DLL" Now goto bin and check its version. It will be 13 or less. So Delete this file. Even it shows version 14 delete it once.

Make sure that HP Solution Center and HP Digital Imaging Monitor( you can find this in the system tray near system clock)is closed.

Now open the "Destinations.cab" file. Here click the file "HPQXMLUL.DLL1" and Extract it to Desktop. Rename this file to "HPQXMLUL.DLL". Right click on this file and check its version. It will be 14.

So now copy this new file and paste it in bin folder. Once done, double click the file "HPQTRA08.exe". after 1-2 minutes you can see the HP Digital Imaging Monitor icon in the system tray.

Now open HP Solution Center and try scanning. If the issue still persists, I suggest you to contact HP Tech Support.

PhD Student
Praveen_David
Message 7 of 39 (27,818 Views)

Try Registering the dll file once copied, just in case.

Windows XP:

1) Click on Start ==> All Programs ==> Accessories ==> Right click on "Command Prompt" and select "Run as"

2) Type the following command and press Enter key

regsvr32 hpqxmlul.dll

Windows Vista/Windows 7:

1) Click on the Windows icon at the bottom left of the computer screen.

2) In the Search box type cmd. From the search results, right click on "Command Prompt" and select "Run as 

Administrator"

3) Type the following command and press Enter key

regsvr32 hpqxmlul.dll

Student
Rico7985
Message 8 of 39 (26,838 Views)

This involves and HP officejet 6310.  I get the following message when I attempt to scan a document, accept it, and save it to "My Scnas".........."an error has occured saving the file bdecause it can not be written to.  Check the properties for the file to make sure it is not read only".        The properties of the folder I am saving to do say "read only" and when I uncheck the box and hit "apply" it does not take.  Help please.

PhD Student
Praveen_David
Message 9 of 39 (26,826 Views)

Hi Rico7985,

Try saving the document to a different folder. Desktop would be best option.

Honor Student
JimHarrison
Message 10 of 39 (25,360 Views)

Thanks for an excellent solution.  However, contrary to your statement, the hpqxmlul.dll file version shipped with the full package for version 14 is  13.0.0.131, dated 5/14/2009.  Even though it was version 13, I copied it as you directed even though the remiaining software was version 14.  To my surprise, it worked great!

Thanks again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation