04-13-2010 12:46 PM
How do I set th eprinter to scan multiple pages into one pdf file. I could not tell what I need to set to do this. I have an HP officejet 6500 all in one pirnter.
04-16-2010 12:46 AM
Scanned to one file is only supported for Document Scan type ( you should choose shortcut with scan type =Document) and you should make sure that the box "Create one file per scanned page..." (in the Save to file Options) is unticked
This is one of many ways to scan to single pdf file:
Place the documents you want to scan in printer's automatic document feeder
Use HP Solution Center to perform the scan.
Click Scan Document
Choose Document to File
Click Save to File Save Option, make sure you left the box "Create one file per scanned page....." unticked
The result of the scan will be one pdf file.
03-03-2011 08:55 AM
This post help me a lot, but I don't see how to numerise in duplex because i would conserve the order of the pages.
How can I do that ?
(Sorry for my poor english ^^)
03-03-2011 06:16 PM
HP Officejet 6500 supports scan through Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) which is located on the top part of the printers. You can put the papers that you want to scan facing up in the adf with the order that you want it to be in the resultant document. Put the first page on the topmost, follow by the subsequent pages.
03-04-2011 02:51 AM
I understand that, it's not really my question. (I think my sentence whas not corecte).
I would scan paper who have text on the two face (recto-verso) in one pass (in one numerisation)
For exemple, I put one paper on the scan, clic on "numerise on pdf" and the result is a pdf document with two pages.
I hope I clearly express my problem,
Thanks to your reply,
03-05-2011 03:20 AM
HP OJ 6500 does not support automatic two sided scanning. However, we can use Microsoft Document Imaging to scan both sides of the page. Here is how it is done:
1) Click on Start ==> All Programs ==> Microsoft Office Tool ==> Microsoft Office Document Imaging.
If it is not listed, follow the instructions given in below link:
2) Click the Scan New Document button or click File, then Scan New Document.
3) In the Scan New Document dialog box, check the "original is Double sided" check box.
4) Place the pages in the scanner so that the page fronts are scanned first. Click the Scan button.
5) If the Scan Settings dialog box pops up, select your settings and click Start Scan.
6) When the scanner finishes, a new dialog box will pop up. Place the pages in the scanner so that the page backs are scanned. The last page just scanned should be first so check the "Reverse page order when scanning second side" check box.
7) Click the Scan Side 2 button.
8) If the Scan Settings dialog box pops up, select your settings and click Start Scan.
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
03-07-2011 05:31 AM
I will prefer a solution free because your software is link to the Microsoft office suite i think. I try with adobe acrobat and it work but it's an evaluation also. Did you have any another software ?
08-11-2011 11:50 AM
The pages I need to scan are stiff, scrapbook pages - not suitable for sending through the Automatic Document Feeder. And my version of MS Office does not have the process you refer to.
Do you have any suggestions, or do I pull out my old OJ 5510 and finish this project before I recycle the old unit?
08-17-2011 03:36 PM
Problem solved, Awsome dude, you are the man!!! I got what I needed its not even hard to set up as long as you have all your software installed correctly from the begining, I gues poeple get confusded with the existing shortcuts already set by default because there is one or two that has "PDF file Scanned" and "Document to PDF file" and "Document to searchable PDF file" but as long as you choose "Document to file" and modify the right setting you are done!!! once again thanks Mr Green Apple man...
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax