How do I get my HP Officejet Pro 8600 plus to scan a full legal sized document? (4753 Views)
Honor Student
JAGardner
Message 1 of 4 (4,753 Views)
Accepted Solution

How do I get my HP Officejet Pro 8600 plus to scan a full legal sized document?

How do I get my HP Officejet Pro 8600 plus to scan a full legal sized document? It cuts off the scan at letter size but the specs say it will scan legal size.

Master's Graduate
prabaa
Message 2 of 4 (4,741 Views)

Re: How do I get my HP Officejet Pro 8600 plus to scan a full legal sized document?

Hi,

The scan settings need to be changed at HP Scan app. Launch the HP scan application from your computer and  select the option on left side (PDF or JPEG....) then choose the scanning size as legal on the right.

Save it and close the app.

Now you can scan in legal.

Note:

Also you can create your own scan settings from HP Scan settings.

Happy Printing

Praba

Click on the "Thumbs up"button on the left to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

Top Student
Oceaneagle
Message 3 of 4 (4,356 Views)

Re: How do I get my HP Officejet Pro 8600 plus to scan a full legal sized document?

"Launch the HP scan application" via the desktop icon? There isn't any "left side." There are choices of Web Connected Solutions, Scanner Actions, Printer Preferences, Shopping, Fax and Help. And if we can ever select "legal," does that mean "always only legal?" Or does the machine have the ability to discern legal from letter, like the older HP did? This is a PC, not a MAC. Thanks.
Honor Student
GeoScience
Message 4 of 4 (570 Views)

For a PC hit the start button and choose All Programs, then HP.  Select your OJ 8600.  You will see on the right side you can select the scan size as "legal"   (I also selected to save the PDF as 8.5" x 14", but I am not sure you actually need to do that.)  Then hit Scan.  I hope this works for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation