Question

Student
openspaces101
Message 1 of 4 (9,478 Views)

How do I set up a Laser Jet 3390 to scan to a computer?

I do not have the manual or the disk any longer so I downloaded the drivers from the internet.  I can print to the printer but when I try to scan I get an error message.  When I press (SCAN TO) button the screen will say.  Not set up on PC.  Does any one have a manual they can refer to and help me out.  I really would appreciate it.

Thank you.   Cindy

Student
Simeon
Message 2 of 4 (9,415 Views)

Re: How do I set up a Laser Jet 3390 to scan to a computer?

Cindy,

Install the printer software to your PC.

Launch the HP Scan utility.

Click setup, there may already be some scan profiles but you can create a new one.

Specify where you want the scan to go (email, save to file, etc..) and follow the onscreen instructions.

In the last pages you can choose which profiles you want to place on the printer, left panel is your computer, right panel is the printer.

Now, when you press the 'scan to' button, the profiles you setup will appear on the printer display.

Good luck.

Regards,

Sim

Student
Buddesatva
Message 3 of 4 (9,233 Views)

Installing the scan software or updated drivers DOES NOTHING USEFUL. The scan to PC function on this device just does not work. The software is very difficult to install, particularly if you have a firewall. The physical function of the scan pickup is very fragile and fails easily. Support from HP has been impossible to obtain, even when we agreed to PAY for the support. This purchase was a mistake. The HP reputation is damaged by this type of thing. Do not purchase these so called All-In-Ones.
Student
abds36
Message 4 of 4 (6,483 Views)

I absolutely hate HP Laserjet 3390.  I get it to work on Windows 7 installation nor Mac Lion.  Absolutely abhor this product.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation