Question

Student
johannemb
Message 1 of 11 (7,202 Views)

How to scan several photos and save them individually with officejet pro 8600

I have to scan a lot of pictures,  my old printer used to seperate each picture once I saved them.

Officejet pro 8600 scans all the pictures together. Is there a way to scan several pictures together but saved seperately??

Top Student
scanninggrandma
Message 2 of 11 (7,178 Views)

Re: How to scan several photos and save them individually with officejet pro 8600

I have been struggling with the same issue with a different HP printer/scanner and found the following: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01425031&lc=en&cc=us&destPage=document&dlc=en.   After going through that procedure, and still not having the required "HP Solution Center" software with the ability to scan multiple images to multiple files in one scan, I finally found a number to call HP tech support and spent 35 minutes talking with and periodically on hold while the tech consulted others.  He really tried to help me and I have no complaint about him.  But the final answer was that the model I have (HP Photosmart 7510) cannot be used with HP Solution Center and, therefore, cannot scan multiple images to multiple files.  I asked the tech to tell me which HP models functioned with the HP Solution Center software so I could return mine and buy one of those.  He put me on hold again to consult others.  He came back with the answer that they didn't have any way to know which models used the HP Solution Center, that the only way to know that would be to buy the scanner and install on my computer.  Of course, I am not going to waste time doing that.  My only option is to buy the other brand I used before.

Even though you don't have the same HP model as I have, hopefully this will save you some time.

Student
ConnieMarie526
Message 3 of 11 (7,107 Views)

Re: How to scan several photos and save them individually with officejet pro 8600

I used to be able to do this with my HP Photosmart 3210 All in One, but now that my HP computer has died and I am using a dell I no longer have HP solution Center. I tried to find it online, but I don't think it exists there anymore.

It drives me a little nutty when I can't do what I used to able to do.

Top Student
Walteriii
Message 4 of 11 (6,956 Views)

Typical corporate think, don't admit anything that could reveal flaws, might lose a sale, and anyway, the orders from top down told this tech to make you go away! My 7800 works fine, wish I had never bought a 8600. Display is lousy, printing no better and many complications. A waste of time.
Top Student
dcblake
Message 5 of 11 (6,650 Views)

Absolutely.  HP has lost me as both a personal and as a corporate customer by doing this stupidity.  Let's take away features that are absolutely basic to every brand and see how the customer likes it.  They're bas tards

Tutor
grants04
Message 6 of 11 (6,570 Views)

I too am one of the MANY HP customers who are disappointed with the changes to the scanner software.  I have owned no less than 15 high end/home smal business HP printers over the years.  My last one was the OJ8500.  I just replaced it with the OJ8600 and was very unhappy to find that the new scanner software had less features than its predecessors and that one could no longer scan multiple pictures at one time to separate files.  EPIC FAIL, HP!! I was getting ready to pack it up and return the printer when I found ScanSpeeder scanning software:  http://www.nitrologic.net/  It is not free ($29.95) but does allow a 10 scan trial. 

ScanSpeeer allows you to scan multiple photos at once, it automatically finds the edge of each one and lets you type in info that is also saved in the file.  It also has a feature that will allow you to save an archival quality file and a web/e-mail quality image file at the same time.  AND, if you are so inclined, you can upload the lower resolution scan directly to Facebook.  I know I sound like I work for them (LOL) but I was just so happy to find software that could fix HP's stupid decision.  

I have only used ScanSpeeder a few times but am very impressed by it and think that I am going to buy it.  So, ScanSpeeder appears to have saved you a sale, HP.  Very sad that another company had to fix what you broke.  Also, you owe me $30!!!

Student
desktop3520
Message 7 of 11 (6,248 Views)

I promise this is the first and also the last HP printer for me. Before I was using Canon and they offered very good multiple scanning functions. Very easy to create a sigle PDF from multiple files. I mistakenly bought this HP crap just because it has wireless connection but cannot imagine how stupid the HP designers can remove just a basic functionality.  

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 8 of 11 (6,213 Views)

How to scan several photos and save them individually with officejet pro 8600

I saw your comments and sent them along to the right people. The should be in contact with you soon.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Student
RustyD
Message 9 of 11 (5,488 Views)

How to scan several photos and save them individually with my HP Photosmart 3210 AIO Printer

As it is now, when I scan four photos at a time, I have not found a way to save them one at a time and when I try to scan just one in comes in as just a small part of the page and I can not seem to find a way to make it normal size.

Sorry, guys but I am not a computer wiz kid; I am sure if my ten year old granddaughter was around she would show me.

Thank for you support,

Top Student
MARXCHUCK
Message 10 of 11 (4,998 Views)

It appears, nobody every did "get back with you".  Hmmmmm?  Seems HPs own staff is simply trolling the site with no intention of providing meaningful input.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation