08-27-2011 11:01 AM
I am having trouble setting up the "scan-to-email" function on a HP 4345 MFP. I think I found the correct SMTP gateway, but after trying to initial scan my document, the copier says "Error executing Digital Send job. Job failed." I can't seem to get past this. I have tried to use the HP Laserjet MFP Wizard Console to no avail, for some reason the wizard freezes after finding the IP address of my copy machine and I try to click the "scan-to-email" button (it does nothing!). I have tried also to tinker with the settings for the EWS, and think that the answer to my solution may lie there, but after filling in the settings the best I know how, I am still having the same trouble. Somebody please help me!!
09-21-2011 01:35 PM
Are you trying to use your personal/company server or Google? I found this link on how to set up a Google server:
When I tried the SSL version I got the same message you are seeing, so I think we need to use the non-SSL method but I haven't tried it yet.
I am an HP employee!
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers