Question

Student
nateboone1
Message 1 of 2 (2,046 Views)

I am having trouble setting up scan-to-email for a HP 4345 MFP

I am having trouble setting up the "scan-to-email" function on a HP 4345 MFP.  I think I found the correct SMTP gateway, but after trying to initial scan my document, the copier says "Error executing Digital Send job.  Job failed."  I can't seem to get past this.  I have tried to use the HP Laserjet MFP Wizard Console to no avail, for some reason the wizard freezes after finding the IP address of my copy machine and I try to click the "scan-to-email" button (it does nothing!).  I have tried also to tinker with the settings for the EWS, and think that the answer to my solution may lie there, but after filling in the settings the best I know how, I am still having the same trouble.  Somebody please help me!!

-Nate

Tutor
tiffarific
Message 2 of 2 (2,017 Views)

Re: I am having trouble setting up scan-to-email for a HP 4345 MFP

Are you trying to use your personal/company server or Google?  I found this link on how to set up a Google server:

http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=176600

When I tried the SSL version I got the same message you are seeing, so I think we need to use the non-SSL method but I haven't tried it yet.

Thanks,
Tiffany

I am an HP employee!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation