08-27-2011 11:01 AM
I am having trouble setting up the "scan-to-email" function on a HP 4345 MFP. I think I found the correct SMTP gateway, but after trying to initial scan my document, the copier says "Error executing Digital Send job. Job failed." I can't seem to get past this. I have tried to use the HP Laserjet MFP Wizard Console to no avail, for some reason the wizard freezes after finding the IP address of my copy machine and I try to click the "scan-to-email" button (it does nothing!). I have tried also to tinker with the settings for the EWS, and think that the answer to my solution may lie there, but after filling in the settings the best I know how, I am still having the same trouble. Somebody please help me!!
09-21-2011 01:35 PM
Are you trying to use your personal/company server or Google? I found this link on how to set up a Google server:
When I tried the SSL version I got the same message you are seeing, so I think we need to use the non-SSL method but I haven't tried it yet.
I am an HP employee!
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax