Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Laserjet MFP M477fdn
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Original install did not install HP Send Fax or Fax Driver software.

Current Printer Firmware is HP 20160921.

After I tried to manually install the fax drivers,

HP\ Fax Setup Wizard does not function on a select

HP\HP Send Fax shows up twice, but neither functions on a select

Can't seem to be able to have Windows recognize that there is a fax inside the printer.  When I go to manage the printer, the dropdown only contains the printer and scanner, not fax.

From Word, there is no fax to select.  This is so frustration.  If it were an Apple product, as long as you are covered under a warranty, you can talk to a human being.

I have spent a full week trying to get this thing to work.  The doucumentation stinks.  It does not cover how to set up the fax so that I can fax from the computer.  It only focuses on a direct fax from the printer.

Has anyone been able to get this to work?

HP MUST DO A BETTER JOB ON THEIR DOCUMENTATION of PROVIDE LIVE SUPPORT DURING WARRANTY PERIODS!!!!!!!!!  I won't buy again.  If I could, I would send it back.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Just installed the new Macintosh Drivers 2016-09-21 and they work like a charm printing from Microsoft Word. 

There does not appear to be a Macintosh HP Send Fax Application.  If we have missed something there, please let us know.

HP Recommended

Just tried the Universal Fax software below and it didn't work either.

Type: Driver - Universal Fax Driver

Version: 1.0.258(2 May 2016)

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.