Question

Honor Student
LuciferSam
Message 1 of 3 (1,702 Views)

My HP Photosmart C5280 All-in-one won't "Scan to PC"

My C5280 will not "Scan to PC"  It will scan to SD card, copy and print, and print from PC

but refuses to scan to PC. I have reinstalled software from Disc and HP website but  always

comes up with "Download incomplete" message. With HPSDU it reports that Device manager

is reporting an error which cannot be fixed.

Honor Student
chrosnip
Message 2 of 3 (1,694 Views)

Re: My HP Photosmart C5280 All-in-one won't "Scan to PC"

My C5180 is having the same problem. I have recently installed it on a new HP TouchSmart 310 computer. I downloaded the driver again.  The PhotoSmart will print, copy, just like yours. It will not scan. When I try using the Windows FAx and Scan I get an error message.  When I try using the Photosmart directly it says that another program is interfering.  I've tried all kinds of solutions to no avail.

Honor Student
LuciferSam
Message 3 of 3 (1,692 Views)

Re: My HP Photosmart C5280 All-in-one won't "Scan to PC"

If You read the other postings it is a worldwide problem that HP don't seem to have an answer for, so, "welcome to the club!!!" Only answer seems to be try another printer , but You could end up with the same problem!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation