06-14-2011 10:40 PM
My C5280 will not "Scan to PC" It will scan to SD card, copy and print, and print from PC
but refuses to scan to PC. I have reinstalled software from Disc and HP website but always
comes up with "Download incomplete" message. With HPSDU it reports that Device manager
is reporting an error which cannot be fixed.
06-15-2011 04:16 PM
My C5180 is having the same problem. I have recently installed it on a new HP TouchSmart 310 computer. I downloaded the driver again. The PhotoSmart will print, copy, just like yours. It will not scan. When I try using the Windows FAx and Scan I get an error message. When I try using the Photosmart directly it says that another program is interfering. I've tried all kinds of solutions to no avail.
06-15-2011 04:42 PM
If You read the other postings it is a worldwide problem that HP don't seem to have an answer for, so, "welcome to the club!!!" Only answer seems to be try another printer , but You could end up with the same problem!!
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax