Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

We've released an updated version of HP Scan and Capture  (build 40.0.234.0) to the WIndows 8.1 App Store.   This is a Windows 8.1 only release, as it includes support for new Scan Runtime API's only available in Windows 8.1.   

The #1 complaint for previous HP Scan and Capture versions was "it doesn't work with my device".    This new release works with any HP scanner with proper drivers installed!   Be sure to download and install the latest drivers and software for your device from HP's support site.

We've also added other enhancements, such as

-  Page re-ordering

-  Ability to scan in the background for large ADF batches.

-  Enhanced File Picker UI for improved scanning experience from within other Store Apps

-  Variable size item support to improve view of cropped and different sized pages.

-  Full support for Windows 8.1 variable App sizing.

Please try this new version, and give us feedback on what you like, dislike, or enhancement requests!

I am an HP employee, however, this content reflects my personal opinion and is in no way associated with HP.
111 REPLIES 111
HP Recommended

Since I've been having problems getting the scanner to communicate with my new 7520, I tried this new tool on my 8.1 desktop - no go, still get the 'can not communicate with device' error...

HP Recommended
help install hp scanjet 5370c on windows 8
HP Recommended

help install hp scanjet 5370c on windows 8

HP Recommended

Hi Krusador,

Have you discussed your issue in another thread on the forums?   What other details/troubleshooting can you provide?

I am an HP employee, however, this content reflects my personal opinion and is in no way associated with HP.
HP Recommended

@fish4life wrote:

Hi Krusador,

Have you discussed your issue in another thread on the forums?   What other details/troubleshooting can you provide?

Hi fish4Life

Yes, I have another open forum topic here:

7520 Scanner communication cannot be established

You can see what has been suggested, and what's been done there.  Please let me know of any additional steps you would recommend.

Thanks

Krusador

HP Recommended

Where can I get the download at?

HP Recommended

Hi DebbieN,

You need WIndows 8.1 to use this new app.   Just open the "Store" link from Windows 8.1 start screen, and then do a search for HP Scan and Capture.  

Here's a link to the app in MS's store:  http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/94fffdd0-bb3b-4adc-96ca-24c1d79e16c6

Jeremy

HP Recommended
I can't use HP scan and capture on my Windows RT 8.1 with my hp deskjet F4580 . It can't find the printer . Can someone help me ? Thanks
HP Recommended

Unfortunately RT (ARM) has very limited device support.   Only devices with inOS USB drivers, or newer model HP AiO devices are supported.    I should make note of that in the HP Scan and Capture product description.  

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.