Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Before I re-install the printer, can anyone tell me how to enable scanning to computer on an OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus?  The printer's window says to "open HP printer software, select Scanner Actions, and then select Manage Scan to Computer" but I cannot find this anywhere.

Note our operating system is Windows 8.1.  This worked until recently when employer's outside IT technician was attempting to make this home printer available when using the VPN connection to work (which he did not succeed in doing).  Note that we can still scan from the printer's desktop icon but not by pressing the scan button on the printer's display.

RobinCB

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Hello there @RobinCB , welcome to the forums:)

I wanted to share some examples with you that I have taken as screen images, from the HP Software. When opening up the software you should see the option to select "Manage Scan to Computer", and then to "Enable" the Scan to Computer. If you do not see this option, chances are that the complete and full software is not installed on the computer. I also have included the direct link where you can download and install the full driver and software.

HP Officejet Pro Full Feature Software and Driver

I this helps you! Have a wonderful Monday:)

managescan.PNG

managescan2.PNG

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

how do you find the screens you show on a windows 8.1?  

HP Recommended

let me add to that about not finding the screens.  I installed the full feature software for my printer.  I have a officejetpro plus 8600 all in one printer.  when I click on the hp officejet pro 8600 icon on the desktop, it takes me to printer setup and software.

HP Recommended

Hey there @slbassett!

You will need to run through the complete set up and software in order to install the full software that I posted in my screen shots previously. Once the installation is complete, the software will be installed for you to use.

If there are any issues, please let me know and I will do my best to help!

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Ev idently there is a problem with 8.1 because even the HP chat technician had trouble with it.  I was able to install it successfully on a windows 7 computer.  but while the chat technician was trying to download the software to 8.1, my computer crashed.  now it is off to the manufacturer to try to restore it.

HP Recommended

Rainbow7000,

In light of slbassett's post following yours, that an HP chat technician was having problems then his/her computer crashed, since our computers are running Windows 8.1, before I move forward, would you please advise whether this will work on computers running Windows 8.1.  Thank you.

RobinCB

HP Recommended

Hi there @RobinCB,

There are Full Feature Drivers available and compatible for and with Windows 8.1, therefore, the installation and software should work on your computer. Run through the installation to see what happens, and if there is an issue, write back to me with the issues, error messages, screen shots, etc you run in to if that should happen and I will do my best to help you.

Have a great weekend 🙂

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hello

I'm suddenly experiencing problems scanning to my PC from my HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus printer. When I put a document into the feeder and press the 'scan' button on the LED Screen, and then 'scan to computer', my computer is no longer listed. I've tried turning the printer off and on again and also re-booted my pc, but this doesn't seem to be working. I can scan manually, by opening up the feature on my PC, but why is it not finding my PC on the network?

Please can you help.

Regards

Jason

HP Recommended

I used to be ableto scan to my computer but can't since windows 10 help

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.