04-02-2009 04:42 PM
I was scanning just fine to .pdf when this error popped up on my screen. Before it popped up my I was using the solution center to scan my documents in black and white with a 300 ppi resolution using the document feeder. The scans would go through but they weren't clean (doubled up and slightly offset).
Now I just get the error:
"The program cannot read from or write to the file system. Cick OK to close the program, then try one of the following:
- Delete unused files to free up disk space.
- Reinstall the Photo & Imaging Software.
- Scan your harddisk for problems."
I have 54 gigs of available hard disk and it is good shape. I have reinstalled the software and still no luck. The scanner freezes on "scanning" and I have to turn it off to get back to the home screen.
Any ideas or suggestions?
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers