07-24-2009 07:33 PM
I installed the software cd that came with the all-in-one c 5540. When attempting to use the scan button and then 'scan to computer' it always displayed an error "Scan Problem Try starting scan from coputer. Refer to documentation for details". I upgraded the software with the latest driver .exe for the c5500 series from the HP website. When trying to use the same function on the all-in-one, I get the same message. When I open the HP solution center, it will scan okay. Why can't I use the scan to computer function on the all-in-one?
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers