Question

Honor Student
decisions13
Message 1 of 4 (9,135 Views)
Accepted Solution

Receiving an error code 344 when faxing.

How do I resolve a fax error 344?  I have sent to this address before and it has worked fine but now I receve the error.  I am using an Officejet 6500A.

Thanks for your assistance.

Master's Graduate
kawaii_aoi
Message 2 of 4 (9,128 Views)

Re: Receiving an error code 344 when faxing.

Hi decisions13,

The error code means that The remote machine has failed to respond to a fax command from the local machine because the connection is interrupted. If you've successfully sent faxes to this number before, then you can reattempt the fax transmission at a different time when line condition have improved. You can also run a fax test from your printer and check if all tests pass. A line test can also be run by your telephone company to ensure stable fax line conditions.

You can also disable Error Correction Mode by Setup menu (on printer) > Fax Setup > Advanced Fax Setup > Error Correction Mode > Off.

Hope this works for you!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Cheers! :smileyhappy:

* If this post has helped you, the White Kudos star on the left is a great way to say thanks!
* Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem so other users can benefit as well.
Honor Student
johnnyjohn
Message 3 of 4 (8,797 Views)

I have tried all these suggestions and have not been able to fax ? I connect my telephone to the direct line to see if it would call out and it worked fine  but once I tried to fax I only get erro messages .

Thanks

Student
dtrucksis
Message 4 of 4 (5,838 Views)

I too am having this issue. I have telephone thru a modem and will try disconnecting and reconnecting it after 60 seconds to see if that helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation