Question

Student
Piano1man
Message 1 of 5 (1,503 Views)

Scan multiple photos HP8600

Have HP8600, using Dell inspiron with Win7 64 bit.  I want to scan multiple photos with one scan but be able to easily save each photo image seperately in to my library or a folder.  How can  I do this?   Piano1man

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 2 of 5 (1,490 Views)

Scan multiple photos HP8600

Some older model photosmarts offered this type of functionality built into the software. One could place multiple photos on the flatbed glass, start a scan, and the printer software would separate the pictures into individual files. However, the HP Officejet Pro 8600 does not have this built into the software.

However, one can open the HP Printer Assistant software to perform a multi photo scan.
* Open Printer Assistant
* Select Scan a Document/Photo
* Select Scan a photo (.jpg most likely)
* Load a stack of multiple photos on the Automatic Document Feeder
* Make sure not to uncheck the box for separate files for each.
* Start the Scan

Let me know how it goes.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Top Student
sjpence
Message 3 of 5 (1,452 Views)

Re: Scan multiple photos HP8600

I was just told on the phone by an HP employee that there is going to be an update to the driver which will allow scanning multiple photos to separate files (as in the old HP Solution Center). Does anyone know when this update will be available?

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 4 of 5 (1,431 Views)

I'm not sure about a release date for that update, but if you press the "Web Services" icon on the printer, there should be an option for "Check for Update Now".

There is also an option to turn on "Auto Update".

I would keep checking that way or turn on auto-update so that it gets downloaded whenever it is released.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
JasonMcD
Message 5 of 5 (739 Views)

FYI, the user guide for the HP Officejet 8600 says NOT to use the automatic document feeder (ADF) for photos.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation