Question

Honor Student
LisaF
Message 1 of 12 (32,032 Views)
Accepted Solution

Scan to PDF - F2210

I am wanting to scan documents and save as a PDF, however I am not seeing pdf as a file type option in the save as file type dialog box.  The help says I am able to do this.  Hope someone can help.
Intern
rasengan-bankai
Message 2 of 12 (32,086 Views)

Re: Scan to PDF - F2210

What Operating system are you using?

Windows XP: Go to Add Remove Programs under Control Panel

Windows Vusta : Go to Programs and Features under Control Panel

Check if you have OCR Software listed in there

If there is, uninstall it and run the installation cd for the printer and click on Install more software or just do the recommended / easy installation

If there's no OCR software, run the installation from the cd to install it

The end point is, just make sure that the OCR software is either refreshed or reinstalled

Hope that helps.

Cool Thoughts
AMD Phenom
4GB Memory
Honor Student
LisaF
Message 3 of 12 (31,950 Views)

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  It worked!  Nowhere in the instructions is this listed and emails with tech support did nothing.  The only advice they gave me was to reinstall.  I'm so glad I posted the question and every more happy you were able to help me solve it.  Thank you!
Intern
rasengan-bankai
Message 4 of 12 (31,822 Views)

My pleasure. :smileyvery-happy:
Cool Thoughts
AMD Phenom
4GB Memory
Student
apici
Message 5 of 12 (31,790 Views)

does this also work for the officejet 6210, i had to reinstall the software and i used to be able to save as a pdf now i cannot, i do not have the OCR software installed and I just installed the CD and  I don't know what to do.

Any thoughts?..................Thanks

Honor Student
Tnala
Message 6 of 12 (31,698 Views)

Ok, I went back in and installed the OCR software and it is now listed in the Add/Remove Hardware list.  But how do I get it to scan to pdf now?  When I click the scan button on the HP Deskjet F2210 printer it automatically scans into the HP Photosmart Essential software.  How did Lisa get the "save as file type dialog box"?!?  SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!  Thanks!
Honor Student
Tnala
Message 7 of 12 (31,690 Views)

Well, I answered my own question.....to scan into pdf access "HP Solution Center" on your computer then click on the F2210 printer on the left side then click "scan document".  A window then pops up where you can select "scan to pdf document".  Thanks SO much to rasengan-bankai though because I would have never figured out that I needed to add the OCR software.  THANKS!
Intern
rasengan-bankai
Message 8 of 12 (31,656 Views)

@ Tnala: That's great to hear. I'm glad your issue is resolved.

@ apici:

This solution is applicable to all HP printers that uses HP Solution Center 

To install the OCR Software:

1. Place the printer's installation cd in your computer

2. It will pop up the installation screen. you will have the option to click on Install More Software

3. You should have an option to click on OCR Software

4. Just follow through the steps after clicking on the button.

Use HP Solution Center to scan to pdf.

Hope that helped. :smileyhappy:

Cool Thoughts
AMD Phenom
4GB Memory
Honor Student
Madmax24
Message 9 of 12 (19,380 Views)

I have a LaserJet M1522nf AIO. The software that came with the printer doesn't include H-P Solutions. It has a pretty lame utility called HP Toolbox FX, whic, as far as I can see, does nothing useful. In order to scan to PDF, I have to scan to e-mail or scan to a tif or jpg file and try to convert it with a 3rd party program.

I had an old H-P 4450 standalone sheet fed scanner that worked perfectly until I converted to Windows 7. H-P didn't make a Win 7 driver, so I had to get a new scanner. Most of the things I scan need to go to a pdf file and I just can't find a workable solution.

Student
NiteshS
Message 10 of 12 (8,993 Views)

i'm tryng to use 'hp-psc-1210' for scanning document but its not giving me option for scanning as pdf format.

i tried updating driver using device manager, bounced my machine but still only 4 options - bmp, jpg, tif, png only.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation