03-01-2013 11:18 AM
The hpf control file that the 9200C digital sender sends to the fax server drop directory along with the scanned image needs a ##printconfirm line in it that is missing by default. Is there any way to specify or modify the hof control file that the 9200C submits along with the image file ?
05-08-2013 04:16 PM
A couple of questions:
1- Are you using the Digital Sending Software (DSS) or using the embedded send to fax capabilities in the DS 9200C?
2 - Which LanFax server are you using?
3 - Do you have anything selected for notifications?
05-21-2013 10:12 AM
Sorry I missed your earlier post, thanks for your reply.
1. using Digital Sender Service version 4.25.42
2. using Castelle FaxpressPremier
3. the DSS hpbs2e.ini file has ' Notification Supported=1 ' specified
I do get e:mail notification that the Fax was sent however print notification is not happening which includes a thumbnail image of the 1st page of the fax and data at the bottom specifying if the fax was successful
What I've found is that printing of confirmations worked for the older Castelle Faxpress 3500 and 5000 units, but does not work with Castelle FaxpressPremier.
The Castelle FaxpressPremier is looking for a ##PRINTCONFIRM line to be included in the .hpf control file that is sent along with the fax image.
I can confirm this by intercepting the control file before it is processed by the Castelle FaxpressPremier LAN Fax and manually modifying the file by adding the ##PRINTCONFIRM line to the .hpf control file.
I then let the LAN fax process the fax and confirmation does indeed get printed as expected.
It appears that Castelle, Captaris, OpenText changed the way that they print confirmations from HP MFP's and are now looking for a ##PRINTCONFIRM line in the .hpf control file. I have a HP 9200 digital sender and a HP M4555 MFP that I have this problem with. I can only assume that Castelle FaxpressPremier folks built this into the new software based on what HP told them to look for ???
The OpenText Folks can't do anything for me other than to say they will submit it as a feature request but tell me up front that they don't know when or even if it will get implemented.
So I'm back to the HP side ....... can I modify the .hpf control file ... or get the DSS Software ot HP M4555 MFP to specify the ##PRINTCONFIRM line in the .hpf control file it sends to the LAN Fax ????
Thanks for your help
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers