djbely
Message 1 of 8 (11,065 Views)

does hp 8600 pro scan to email?

does hp 8600 pro scan to email?

Intern
nic123
Message 2 of 8 (11,058 Views)

Re: does hp 8600 pro scan to email?

HP Officejet Pro 8600 does scan to email. Please setup the send to email feature via the software or the embedded webserver. To access the embedded webserver please key in the ip address of your printer on your browser.

Hope this helps.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

***Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left***

**Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.**
Honor Student
djbely
Message 3 of 8 (11,054 Views)

It is installed.... When I try to select the feature on my pc I get an error from the scan to email wizard stating that it is not supported by my printer.... Some person in India said I have to be using outlook which I am not... Is this accurate?
Intern
nic123
Message 4 of 8 (11,046 Views)

Can you share with me the model number and the product number that is found on the inside of the access door that you open to insert the ink cartridge? Scan to email is not available for CM749A.

**Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.**
Honor Student
djbely
Message 5 of 8 (11,044 Views)

It is a CM749A
Intern
nic123
Message 6 of 8 (11,041 Views)

Opps. Then I am afraid that the printer that you have do not support this feature. Probably, please use the software scan to pc or webscan to support your needs.

To do webscan, please access the embedded web serve by typing the ipaddress of your printer on any browser. After that please select the scan tab to activate the webscan feature.

Tutor
Ace_H
Message 7 of 8 (7,656 Views)

I have the Officejet Pro 8600 product number CM749A.  I can do scan to email from the printer using the  scan to email app, but from the EWS I get a message saying my printer does not support this feature.  Is this a problem with the EWS?

Student
Cakell
Message 8 of 8 (2,018 Views)

When I first installed my HP Officejet Pro 8600 and tried a scan to email it worked just fine. After that not so much. What is the point in having this feature if it doesn't work. We would not have bought this model if we had not been told that we could scan directly to an email.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation