01-17-2011 04:23 PM
I am running an HP OfficeJet 7410 All-in-One and for some reason the Windows Scan (WIA) driver is not found by this kind of software.
1. The driver software being used is V13.1.0
2. My computer is running Windows 7 64-bit.
06-29-2011 12:03 AM
I am having the same problem My HP printer is deskjet 1050 J410. Only able to print and cannot scan. Whenever i click on the hp scan icon, nothing happened. I even tried to force start WIA but I always get this "ERROR 1060: the dependency service or group failed to start". In addition, I am running this printer on my HP G42-362tx(windows 7 64bit) laptop. How can a HP printer unable to run properly(can print but cannot scan) on a HP laptop? The printer is able to print and scan properly on another lenovo laptop of mine. Tried reinstalling the printer driver(i tried both the 32bit and 64bit version) so many times but still cannot get it to work. Can HP please sort this out?
06-29-2011 10:06 AM
Alright, I manage to sort this out and get my deskjet 1050 to work on my HP G42 362tx laptop. The only way out is to do a system recovery. I reset my laptop to the factory default settings and now WIA is working. Hence, the printer works. A HP customer service officer told me that a factory reset will solve this issue.
09-23-2011 06:32 PM
I am just now having printing problems with my HP PSC 2210 all in one. I keep getting an error message saying that I am missing my "WIA Driver".
Can someone please help me? I am currently running Windows 7 Home Premium
Thank you so much!
01-11-2012 12:20 PM
Ok.. will try one more time. I receive the message that I need the WIA driver in order to SCAN. I have a Deskjet F4580. My computer is Windows 7(64 bit). I have used it in the past and it worked just fine. Now it will not scan. Does everything else, however all I want to do with this printer is SCAN. I have tried downloading.. Doesn't change anything. Was told to remove old printer software from computer, but can't even find it. This is far to difficult to correct since I have tried to down load from the link provided on this board and it still does not work.
I am ready to throw this printer in the trash and NEVER buy an HP anything again.
Already refuse to buy an HP computer due to problems with one I paid over $2000 for and even with a replacement didn't last 2 years.
Sorry but this is really the end.
01-11-2012 02:06 PM - edited 01-11-2012 02:09 PM
I assume you've tried the HP Scan diagnostic utility that has been shared in this forum? What were the results from that?
A few things to check:
1) In Device manager, under "Imaging Devices", do you see your F4580 listed? Any errors or yellow bangs?
2) Check to see if WIA service is running. Goto Control Panel/Adminstrative Tools/Services. Find the "Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)" entry. It should be set to run as "Automatic", and it should show it's status as "Started". If not, try starting it. If it fails, does it say why?
3) If WIA service is up and running ok, is the computer able to see the WIA device? Goto the Start menu, and in the Search for files and programs box, type "View Scanners and cameras", and select the link that shows up in the search list. This should show your device there.
Just some things to try, let me know what you find out.
01-27-2012 07:22 PM
I'm having this same problem. I have a Photosmart B210a. I have done a reset to a previous point when I knew the scanner worked, and was fine for a while, then back to no WIA. I think it is getting messed up on automatic updates from Windows. I'm running Windows 7 and 64 bit, but experiencing the problem also under IE running with 32 bit. Error code I get when I follow your instructions is Error 1068 The dependency service or group failed to start.
01-28-2012 08:25 AM
Here are some steps to try for fixing WIA that our HP service folks have used with some success:
1. From Start Menu, goto Run. In the run window, please type services.msc and click on OK.
2. In the Window, please right click on Windows Image Acquisition Service and then click on Properties.
3. In the Properties window, please click on Dependencies window and check the dependencies.
It should be “Remote Procedure Call” and “Shell Hardware Detection”. If you find anything else, please advise.
4. Close the Properties window and then make sure the Remote Procedure Call service and the Shell Hardware Detection services are Started. If any of these services are not started, please restart these services and then restart the Windows Image Acquisition service.
5. After restarting the windows image acquisition service, try to scan again.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers