Touch screen/ Tablet function not working on my Pavillion TX 2108 since I upgraded to Windows 7 (2416 Views)
Student
aveness
Message 1 of 4 (2,416 Views)

Touch screen/ Tablet function not working on my Pavillion TX 2108 since I upgraded to Windows 7

I had to upgrade to Windows 7 to get my mobile internet modem to work but now my tablet and touch screen functionality does not work and that's the whole reason I bought the laptop. I have checked the drivers on the HP website but they only cover DVD, Live TV, webcam & something else.

Does anyone know if there is a work around or when HP will release the drivers? Oh and nothing too technical as I might be in IT but on the sales side!

Thanks guy

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 2 of 4 (2,413 Views)

Re: Touch screen/ Tablet function not working on my Pavilion TX 2108 since I upgraded to Windows 7

Just in case you missed these. There may be some information in there that you may have not tried.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Operating-systems-and-software/tx2000-touch-screen-problem/m-p/176075/h...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Operating-systems-and-software/Touch-pad-scrolling-not-working-in-windo...

One of them is quite long.

Honor Student
shinu
Message 3 of 4 (1,810 Views)

Re: Touch screen/ Tablet function not working on my Pavillion TX 2108 since I upgraded to Windows 7

hii..pls try ths

1. Click Start , Run... , and then type C:\"Program Files"\Tablet\Pen\remove.exe and press Enter.
  2. After the driver is uninstalled, restart the computer.
  3. Upon restarting the system, the correct Microsoft Windows 7 in-box driver will install automatically.

Honor Student
shinu
Message 4 of 4 (1,809 Views)

Re: Touch screen/ Tablet function not working on my Pavillion TX 2108 since I upgraded to Windows 7

1. Click Start , Run... , and then type C:\Program Files\Tablet\Pen\remove.exe and press Enter.
  2. After the driver is uninstalled, restart the computer.
  3. Upon restarting the system, the correct Microsoft Windows 7 in-box driver will install automatically.

regards SV

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation