Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
X2 Tablet
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi everyone

I've got an X2 elite tablet with a Windows 10 build which is used for work and largely it's good however I'm plauged with ghost input on the touch screen.

It's not always the same place on the screen where the input comes from and it doesn't happen all the time, I can go for days and it's fine then today I've had to reboot twice.

I've cleaned the screen and often it happens when the keyboard is closed and I'm using it with a dock so there is nothing touching the screen I've also tested recalibrating the touch but that didn't work either.

I know I'm not alone with this issue but is there a fix/patch I can apply to kill this issue?

All suggestions welcome.
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I haven't heard of this issue  but I have heard of it before on other devices.

There could be several reasons why it happens. Here are a few suggestions you can try.

1. Make sure the screen is clean. Although there could be some debris caught between the screen and the digitizer which can cause phantom touches, especially if its always in the same spot.

2. Try recalibrating the touch screen and if no joy, try a Hard Reset of the system.

For a Hard Reset...While the battery is not easily removed like a conventional laptop, the X360 should still be accessible by removing the back and carefully disconnecting the cable without removing the battery. If you are not handy, skip this step.

HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 10) | HP® Customer Support

3. If you suspect its software related, you can clean boot Windows which disables all non essential services. Then you can reactivate one service or program at a time until you find the one that's causing the issue.

How to Clean Boot Windows 10 and Windows 8

4. If non of these things help, contact HP Support directly for warranty issues. The digitizer or such could possibly be bad.  Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

Let me know what you find.

Niitn singh guleria

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.