Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Elitepad 1000 G2 Won't Boot from USB or SD

I tried a dos-bootable usb stick/microSD card for bios update, an installation usb stick/microSD card for Windows 10 prepared according to the Microsoft instructions, etc,... Everything failed...

I had brought the boot priority of usb or sd to top in the bios settings.

I have not ever succeeded in booting my G2 from any other drive than the internal one...

Help would be fine.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Helo Marco_R,

I dont have an Elitebook but I know that some HP devices I cannot get to recognize a USB 3 drive but they will see a USB 2 drive. I have heard this has been an issue with the Elite 900.

Have you went into the bios and disabled Secure Boot first?

Also if it offers Legacy Boot, that should be enabled.

Do you currently have Windows 10 installed now or 8.1?

HP Recommended

I used usb 2.0 sticks and made sure the secure boot option disabled.

HP Recommended

Anyone any clue?

HP Recommended

If you made the USB stick via the Microsoft Media Creation tool, you should have no problems.

But - its been reported that some USB sticks are not recognized for whatever reason on some machines.

If you have a different brand usb stick, try that also to see if it gets recognized.

HP Recommended

Also, you can contact HP Support and request the recovery media. That should be recognized if nothing else does.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

HP Recommended

None of my usb sticks tried (6 manufacturers) worked.

Five of which worked for my desktop (successfully booted from usb).

I don't want to buy a recovery medium from hp because it's easy to presume this won't work...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.