Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Check the last 3 posts on that link, very informative and good for people with working omni 10
HP Recommended
Lesson number one: install BIOS updates only if you experienced issues with prior one.
Lesson number 2: NEVER INSTALL BIOS UPDATES AT ALL! 😄
HP Recommended
Issues with Omni 10? lol Never! (That is sarcasm btw- I have had alot of issues) The BIOS was presented to the public as an update with Windows 10 support and although I do agree that BIOS flashing can be a risk- in today's world of dual BIOS / recovery modes (if we can even get into it) should not be a massive risk.

I have tried the key press combo a hundred times to no effect. The long(ish) vibrate is the Omni 10 switching off (when holding the power btn)

I am so bummed, this is my Uni tablet I use for study... Hope to hear a response this week from HP Support returning my call / update.
HP Recommended
I wrote this on another post, just re posting it for you guys incase you wanted know.
Upgraded to windows 10 it worked beautifully on my omni 10, no problems at all. I felt like updating the bios as I knew an update was available and thus ended up damaging my tablet.
I booted from USB but unfortunately the built in storage is now not recognised so you can't install windows onto it. Try the CMD commands to see if your storage is there, my omni 10 just detects micro sd card card reader usb with micro sd in it with the ISO in it.
However I think I may have a fix, I couldn't try this as I dont have a usb hub.

1.Connect a usb hub to the omni 10 which will allow you to use more than 2 USB
2. Have a USB micro sd card reader with a micro sd card in there larger than 32GB
3. Put the ISO file in a standard USB
4. Now both USB need to be plugged into hub and hub needs to be plugged into omni 10( you may need otg cable)
5. Boot from standard USB with ISO and install windows 8 in the micro sd card reader USB.
6. Windows now should be installed in micro sd card, take the micro sd card out and plug it in omni 10.
7. Change boot options so that windows boots from micro sd card instead of built in storage or USB.

I have not tried this but because the bios doesnt recognise anything at all only the USB which is plugged in this may be the only solution. The bios also does not recognise a micro sd card which is inserted into omni 10 hence I recommend you use a micro sd card reader USB, this sort of tricks the omni 10 bios into thinking a standard USB is inserted. Once windows is installed the internal card reader may start working again so you'll be able to boot from micro sd card, booting from micro sd is also an option in the bios so it is possible. If you can't boot from the internal micro sd card reader then connect your micro sd card reader USB with otg cable and boot that way. The built in storage is an SSD and they are known to have problems such as not being recognised by the BIOS a lot of people on other forums have said that once they boot from another drive and windows is up and running successfully their SSD was recognised. So if you are able to get windows up and running let us know if your SSD is recognised. Btw HP know this is a problem, they know their bios update damaged a lot of omni 10s, why they haven't addressed it or made a comment on these forums......dont know. Sad really know.
HP Recommended
Hp did remove bios update from its website. Why to do this??? Should find solution, not just remove it and do nothing. What a service?
HP Recommended
You made many errors: internal storage is Not ssd but emmc. Windows has never allowed to be installed on usb supports.
If it were possible To boot as you suggested, and so to launch bios exe from Windows, the f08 shouldn't let us to switch To earlier bioses.
HP Recommended

Well add me to the growing list of HP customers left in the dark by HPs' BIOS 'upgrade'

I downloaded the HP Support Assistant Software and BIOS Update but all did not go well.

Now when I power-on my HP Omni 10 5600ea Tablet i get the message ''Boot device not found'

bios.jpg

When I use a USB OTG (On-The-Go) cable to connect a bootable USB with Windows 10 ISO all goes well until I need to specify a drive to install to and get the error "No drive"

Can anyone help? Will HP step-up to help their customers or are they hoping we all just go away?

HP Recommended
Welcome on our Boat! The only thing is to ask for replacement!
HP Recommended
lifehacker.com/how-to-run-a-portable-version-of-windows-from-a-usb-dri-1565509124

Do this everyone, quite cool. You'll have a up and running omni 10 in no time yntil a full fix is available.
HP Recommended

Count me in as another guy with a dead EMMC after the latest BIOS update....   Fun. 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.