Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I don't know if this works for everyone. I should know better than only to login as Admin on a windows system, but I only use it for HP calculators nowadays, else I use my Mac as a Mac.

So the download turned up in 

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\HP Connectivity Kit

There is a folder under HP Connectivity Kit named Firmware.

To find it, I used Search to find *.* modified on the day of my download.

I hope it helps,

--Leopold Bloom

HP Recommended

Hi!

I just acquired a Prime so I am very new to this process of updating firmware. Are you saying that there is no way to update the firmware unless I use a Windows machine or a Windows VM on OSX?

I don't own a Windows based machine nor do I have a Windows VM on my Mac, so how do I do this update without having beg, borrow or steal a Windows PC?

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, there is no solution other then those you stated at this time.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
HP Recommended

My connectivity kit is updated, but when i try to flash the firmware to my calculator, the "Waiting to connect" screen appears and doesn't go away.

I am using a windows 7 desktop PC to connect.

HP Recommended

Hi!, TenorGuy:

Please, uninstall the old Connectivity kit and install the ultimate, from ... ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/

If you have connection problems, try a different USB port or, a different USB cable.

Once the connectivity kit is installed, update the calculator. The following method is recommended ...

1. Connect your HP Prime calculator via the supplied USB cable (directly connected, do not use a USB hub)Start the HP Connectivity Kit. 
  2. Click the Calculator tab. 
  3. Right-click the name of the HP Prime you wish to update (it would be the one you connected before starting this procedure). 
  4. Make a note of the version number and then click the OK button. 
  5. Click on the Help Menu and select, Check, for update. 
  6. Check for update pop-up box, check version number that it is newer, than the one you wish, to update. 
  7. Then click download button. 
  8. That's it, you'll see on the screen of your calculator the update being loaded and installed. Don't click too fast to get out of the HP Connectivity Kit, wait a minute or so after completion. 
  9. Also, there is a step in the Connectivity Kit where it is advised to back-up the version you had before you run the procedure, just in case. That way you have a way to re-cover.

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
HP Recommended

Thanks Make,

I did everything the same except for the hub 🙂

I didn't realize I had left my USB cable attached to my monitor hub. Update worked as soon as I replugged my USB cable into my computer.

Thanks again!

Steve Froese, PhD., P.Eng.

Aerospace and Computer Systems Engineer

HP Recommended

Joe, I found them in a folder called FIRMWARE.zip that showed up in c:\~\My Documents\Downloads

Took some work using Search (seach was for *.* with the date range set only to to-day) to find even the name after clicking on the virtual calculator signalling that updates were available.

I moved the folder to my directory called PrimeTools and copied all of the files that were in Firmware.zip, renaming them to what usbtool.exe (in the same folder) expected. I could not get the virtual calculator updated, though, as it now must run only on more recent releases of Windows.

--Leopold Bloom

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.