Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a Palm z22 that I have been using for a number of years. This morning, it decided that it no longer wanted to react to the stylus. If I use the stylus to tap or touch and hold any part of the screen, nothing happens. The buttons still work to all some navigation and the unit is fully charged.

I have tried doing a soft reset. Situation the same afterward. Anybody have any ideas please?

Post relates to: Palm Z22

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Please view the first couple of threads at the top of this section.  The ones with grey backgrounds cover questions that get asked repeatedly, like yours.

"Resolving Digitizer (Touchscreen) Issues" is the one you want.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Please view the first couple of threads at the top of this section.  The ones with grey backgrounds cover questions that get asked repeatedly, like yours.

"Resolving Digitizer (Touchscreen) Issues" is the one you want.

WyreNut

Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
HP Recommended

Thank you. I didn't realise that the thing was called a digitizer.

HP Recommended

On switch on screen displays 'Charge batteries'.  Despite leaving on charge for up to 24 hours the screen does not change.  I  tried the hard reset.  No change and screen did not respond.   I have replaced the battery, no change.  On a hard reset the screen still does not respond.  HELP

HP Recommended

@Jeffjl wrote:

On switch on screen displays 'Charge batteries'.  Despite leaving on charge for up to 24 hours the screen does not change.  I  tried the hard reset.  No change and screen did not respond.   I have replaced the battery, no change.  On a hard reset the screen still does not respond.  HELP

When you took your Z22 apart to change the battery (a difficult task!), did you examine the insides for any damage?  Did you remove the plastic bezel from the digitizer to check for any sand or grit caught between the two?  

It sounds to me like there is a serious problem with this Z22 .Since it was an "entry-level" device, it might be cheaper to find another one online, and then sync your data to it. 

WyreNut

HP Recommended

I have the same problem where my Palm Z22 does not respond to any taps from the stylus.  I even did a hard reset but when I got to the instructions to 'Tap the center of the target' it still did not register that I had tapped the center of the target and now it's stuck there and won't proceed.  What can I do?  The expert responded with "Resolving Digitizer (Touchscreen) Issues" is the one you want." but I did not see any links or threads to the previous conversation.  Could you please send me the solution again.  Thanks.

HP Recommended

@eicorn wrote:

I have the same problem where my Palm Z22 does not respond to any taps from the stylus.  I even did a hard reset but when I got to the instructions to 'Tap the center of the target' it still did not register that I had tapped the center of the target and now it's stuck there and won't proceed.  What can I do?  The expert responded with "Resolving Digitizer (Touchscreen) Issues" is the one you want." but I did not see any links or threads to the previous conversation.  Could you please send me the solution again.  Thanks.

This is the thread...it's a long one!

_____
Former HP Expert (Palm/webOS)
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.