Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

How can I update android 4.1.1 to android 4.3 ?

images.jpg

24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended

Android-Slate7,

Sorry but there are no plans for HP to support this.  Hopefully there will be some non-hp support or how-to's out there to help us.

-wes

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

OK! Thank you !! Hve you any idea where should I ask ?

HP Recommended

Well, I can't recommend it because I haven't tried it.  Also, you may get into trouble and if you get stuck you may need service from HP that costs $.

I was able to find instructions by searching 'Update HP Slate 7 to 4.3 Jelly Bean' on google.

-wes

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

xda developer forums are a good place to look, but I have not seen any specific roms to point you at.

I also saw this post on android forum: http://androidforums.com/slate-7-all-things-root/700684-hp-slate-7-all-things-root-guide.html

I work for HP.
David
HP Recommended
Personally I'm currently working on porting Cyanogenmod 10.2 to HP Slate 7.
Will post more updates on XDA once its ready 🙂
//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
HP Recommended

Thanks kamtr!  Good luck and report back.  I wish I could kudo you more than once.

-wes

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended
As of now its still in Alpha stage (just got it booting) without any hiccups.
Need WIFI, Bluetooth etc to get it working which would take some time
//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

At first it appears to be helpful.  However, there is no discussion of what works and doesn't work if that image installs.  As Kamatr posted earlier, there are issues with wifi, cameras, etc.

-wes

I am an HP employee.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.