Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I cannot find an external slot on my hp stream 7 into which I can put a memory card.  Please can somebody explain how to fit a sd memory card into the HP stream 7.  Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@mar39 wrote:

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

Is it OK to keep taking the back cover on and off?

Is there any precautions I need to take?

Is there any particular sd card that I need?

If you are careful, take it off and on as much as you like!  Like all things, the more you use it the greater the chances of something breaking...

Be sure to insert the card in the proper orientation!  Look at the icon near the slot.  It should show you how the card should look when being inserted.  (There is usually a bevel on one corner of the card, and it will only fit one way).  You may need a fingernail to push it in far enough to feel the "click".  I sometimes ~carefully~ use a straightened paperclip to get the card inserted correctly.

HP's Support Site recommends a Micro SD card (any manufacturer) that is a maximum of 32GB in size.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

The micro SD slot is under the rear cover.  Turn the tablet over and there is a slot in the bottom left corner to pry it open. There is a picture with the rear cover off here, the micro SD slot is on the bottom right. You can click on the picture to zoom it.

The cover snaps back on with a little difficulty as you get down to the final "snaps". It helps greatly if, instead of just pushing straight down, you put your thumb on the edge of the cover and push inward toward the center of the cover while pushing down also.

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

I think it's okay to take the cover on and off, I have had mine off a few times.  The cover snaps back on a little hard at places so go slow putting it back on. 

I think any micro SD card would work, HP says the limit is 32 GB but some folks have stated they used a 64 GB okay.

HP Recommended

@mar39 wrote:

If you are careful, take it off and on as much as you like!  Like all things, the more you use it the greater the chances of something breaking...

Be sure to insert the card in the proper orientation!  Look at the icon near the slot.  It should show you how the card should look when being inserted.  (There is usually a bevel on one corner of the card, and it will only fit one way).  You may need a fingernail to push it in far enough to feel the "click".  I sometimes ~carefully~ use a straightened paperclip to get the card inserted correctly.

HP's Support Site recommends a Micro SD card (any manufacturer) that is a maximum of 32GB in size.

WyreNut

Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your info. It worked perfectly. There was no info in the manual about where to put the sd card.

HP Recommended

My Stream 7 (5709) seems to have a card slot. It is shown as a card slot on diagrams but is not mentioned in the user guide so I am confused.  If it is a card slot why would I need to take off the cover?

HP Recommended

@beachgeek wrote:

My Stream 7 (5709) seems to have a card slot. It is shown as a card slot on diagrams but is not mentioned in the user guide so I am confused.  If it is a card slot why would I need to take off the cover?

...because the slot is under the cover!   🙂

WyreNut

HP Recommended

I took the cover off and there is a micro card slot there. But this slot is on the top right of the tablet (right of the Windows logo on the frame when facing it) and is larger than a micro card slot. You can't see it when you take the cover off so between the frame and the permanent back.

HP Recommended

Perhaps viewing the Quick Start Guide would help you?

WyreNut

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.