Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Drar Sir,

I'm having Hp elitepad 1000 g2. It came with sd card reader slot and a micro sim slot but it doesn't detect sim when inserted. what can be done so that it becomes functional and starts using 3g or 4g service of sim?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi,

WWAN is an optional feature,

WWAN
Optional HP hs3110 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband Module
Optional HP lt4111 LTE/EV-DO/HSPA+ Gobi 4G Module
Optional HP lt4112 LTE/HSPA+ Gobi 4G Module

did you pay for that ?  Please read the footnotes.

Source:  http://www.hp.com/united-states/campaigns/elite-products/assets/elitepad_1000.pdf

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

It came with a driver gobi 4g,,,, sp 65064 ,, HP It4111 driver package.exe ,, these are not installed  ,,,,, when click it is just unpacked in swSetup but nothing happens ,,,, and when i click exe it just asks for admn permission and nothing happens next,,,,,

HP Recommended

Hi,

Most likely your machine does NOT have the hardware otherwise you don't need to install the package. Again my question: Did you pay for this option ? It won't come automatically.

Regards..

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

micro sim sim detect:

On the actual card, make sure that the "locked-switch" is in the middle. The "lock-switch" is the sliding tab on the side (mine is on the left side) of the micro SD card. The dial should be in the exact middle, or as close to the middle as possible, or the card will read something along the lines of "This data card in encrypted," when inserting the chip into the computer.

A simple solution/work around to this issue involves placing a small piece of tape or paper behind your phone's SIM card and sliding it into place as normal, don't force it, it should slide in smoothly with no extra force needed. If done correctly, this may make your SIM card fit more snug into the SIM card tray and enhance the SIM card's connection.

how to recongize 3g and 4g micro sim:

1. Do not power on your phone. If it is powered on power it off.
    2. Activate your SIM card: Dial (877) 807-4646 from any phone and follow the prompts to activate your 4G LTE service.Have your Customer Receipt with you because you may be asked to confirm information from it, including the mobile number assigned to your 4G LTE SIM card.
    3.Do not power on your phone yet.
    4. Insert your SIM card and battery into your SIII.
    5. Power it on.
    6. When prompted to use Backup Assistant, say NO. BA is unnecessary bloatware. Welcome to the world of Android where all your contact info sync and gets pulled from Gmail. The General Help and How To Forum has stickies on how import contact info from almost every device imaginable. I also posted a sticky in the Introductions forum that includes links on getting started if you're new. 
HP Recommended

Can I buy this feature now? If yes please tell me detail and how can I call this no. 877 807 4646 from Pakistan ?

HP Recommended

Lazirus,

banhien is correct and he's been doing this for a long time. :Wink:

The lock on an SD card as mentioned above, has absolutely nothing to do with enabling your sim card.

You can contact HP Support directly in your country and chat with an agent about your product.

Have your serial number ready and they can tell you more about your specific hardware and what can be done.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

HP Recommended

My country not in contact list😩😩😩😭😭😭

HP Recommended

Did you buy it in Pakistan? You might ask the store you bought it from for a Support contact number.

If you bought it from another country, you will need to look up that countrys support number.

You can also try this link and find the nearest Pakistan Service Center to call...

Laptop, Notebook, Computers, Desktops, Tablets , Printer, Server, Software, Services -  HP® Pakistan

HP Recommended

I am not able to install driver neither SIM card is detected can you please check verify the hardware is not available against the provided serial no. i bought it from Pakistan. Please expedite the response. Thanks 

HP probook SIM card issue.PNG

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.