Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello 

I have searched and not found an answer. 

I was hoping that someone could tell me the maximum sd card they have installed in a Stream 8 (though i suspect all the 7" & 8" HP tablets will be the same). 

I know the manual states 32gb, but i suspect that 64gb will work and maybe 128gb but was hoping someone could come back and say - yep i have a 64gb Samsung Evo (or whatever) working

many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

i just installed a samsung micro sd card with 64  gb in it and it saw all of it

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@cloudz wrote:

... I know the manual states 32gb, but i suspect that 64gb will work and maybe 128gb but ...

Hi,

Tha manual says: Supports external Micro SD up to 32 GB (page #1). You can try 64Gb or 128 Gb if you wish at your own risk.

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the insight!

I did say that i know what the manaul says, but as you may realise just because the manual says max = 32gb does not mean that it can't accept more. 

I could try '64Gb or 128 Gb if you wish at your own risk as you say or go onto  a forum and see what others have found/tried, which is what i am trying to do.

HP Recommended

i just installed a samsung micro sd card with 64  gb in it and it saw all of it

HP Recommended

Stream 7 arrived today & installed a spare 64GB uSDXC card.  Any card over 32GB is SDXC, not SDHC.

HP Recommended

Hi 

Thanks for the responses - as Samsung 64gb cards are good value at the moment i'll get one and try that. 

I'll update with experiences and model no.

thanks again

HP Recommended

I am the OP but seemed to have lost the original log-in details.

I bought and installed a Samsung EVO 64GB card. works fine and would recommend

HP Recommended

Yes, I can confirm that HP Stream 8 can use a 64GB SDXC MicroSD card.  I used a PNY 64GB this morning and it was formatted and recognized by Stream 8.  However, please keep in mind that the way flash card measures 1GB is different than how Windows measures 1GB.  Thus, a 64GB card might only show 60GB available under Windows -- which is my case.

HP Recommended

I can also confirm that HP Stream 8 can use a 64GB SDXC MicroSD card.  Just bought one on ebay for $20.99.  Having 64 GB (actually 62.4 GB) should be very helpful.

HP Recommended

Confirmed for the HP Stream 7 Signature edition.

Purchased a SanDisk Ultra 64GB UHI-I/Class 10 Micro SDXC memory card from Amazon.com and installed in a minute or two. Recognized it as 59.4GB free (due to the way drives calculate size 1000kb = 1mb instead of 1024kb=1mb)

Formatted as NTFS.

I also purchased a Plugable USB 2.0 to 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN adapter to allow connectivity to wire only networks. Works flawlessly.

This stream is a handy IT tool. I have a USB to Serial adapter which allows me to connect to console ports using PuTTY.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.