Question

Tutor
bank5
Message 1 of 5 (45,269 Views)

How to record video using your webcam?

I have a 506Q and was trying to record a basic video using my webcam tonight.  I wasn't sure what software to use though. I would think that HP would include it on a multimedia PC so I must have overlooked something.  Can anyone tell me where it is? Thanks

Dean
Vidya
Message 2 of 5 (45,253 Views)

Re: How to record video using your webcam?

Please refer the following two documents which will help you use the webcam.

Using the HP TouchSmart Webcam:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01923517&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_US...

Using CyberLink YouCam to Capture and Edit Videos:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01473962&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_US...

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Distinguished Professor
RasterBlaster
Message 3 of 5 (45,247 Views)

... an HP employee expressing his own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
Student
aluap415
Message 4 of 5 (40,570 Views)

The best and easiest way to record video using your webcam is using nimbb.com.  You can record up to 5 minuites of video using your webcam. Check it out!

Piu Student
Student
Piu
Message 5 of 5 (8,119 Views)

How to record video using your HP HD webcam?

I have a ProBook 4540s notebook and have replaced the pre-installed linux with windows 7(I am not used to linux, that's all), keeping however some basic pre-installed features of the linux, including the hp hd webcam.

My first problem is that I need to record some videos with the help of my webcam and I don't know how to do that. All the tutorials on the hp support site mention three other softwares in this respect (touchsmart, cyberlink and media... whatever). In these tutorials they mention installing these softwares first. Yet, if I do so, am I not going to alter or even replace my already pre-installed hp hd webcam featuresTherefore, to record some videos, do I need to install another software to achieve my purpose or can I use the pre-installed version?

Second of all, if so, is there a tutorial available for using an hp hd webcam in order to record a webcam video?

Piu

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation