Question

Honor Student
sflitteral
Message 1 of 5 (7,024 Views)

hp fan control software??

Hello folks,

I have a touchSmart 300-1020 and lately I have been experiencing overheating shutdowns. Does HP have some software to run the fans longer?

I have tried Speedfan, HWINFo64, but the setting up is beyond my understanding. I just need something that will turn them on to 100% once it is cool it can drop back to normal operation.

Thanks

sflitteral

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 2 of 5 (7,020 Views)

Re: hp fan control software??

[ Edited ]

Your HP TouchSmart 300-1020 Desktop Computer is about 2 1/2 years old. Overheating issues may be caused by airflow restriction if the system hasn't been maintained and cooling vent blown clean. I would start by blowing out the cooling vents and any openings in the case.

Frank

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
Honor Student
sflitteral
Message 3 of 5 (7,015 Views)

Thanks for the reply, but I took the two pack panels off and looked clean, I had some canned air and cleaned the fans but not much dust. I use this computer on the road at different locations and it spends about 90% of the time in the box it was bought in. So being dusty was not the issue.

I saw a post where someone lowered the CPU speed and I tried that, I know that will lower the temperature but for now I'm waiting to see what happens to the speed.

I would like to find some software that would allow me to turn the fans on to cool it down and not be able to turn it off. The noise is not an issue because my work environment is a bit noises.

I upgraded the Bios hoping that HP would have a section for full on or automatic but not this time around. If they would do that it would be great for other also. But I guess locking it out controls the masses.

Associate Professor
frrw
Message 4 of 5 (7,011 Views)

Hello sfitteral:

Here is suggestion how about just buying a small external personal fan place it pointing it at the bottom of the computer torwards the intake ports are. Also run a pc tune up than run a check disc on c. drive just in case you have any corrupted files causing this issue. Recheck your settings for optimise power. External fan might just do the trick in hot environments. It will continues fource air circulation arround your computer at all times. That's what I would instead of wasting a lot money on third parties software and things like that. I would check and see what hidden software is running in the background. Goto control pannel Click on Performance Information and tools. Next windows click on advanced tools Open Task Manger and see what is running. Select the software you are not using click end task. Also check your start up programs see witch ones you can remove that are not needed. Only suggestions. I hope they might resove the issue. Oh did you check and make sure the fans are working. I would run HP Support Assistant click troubleshoot then click on Power, Thermal and Mechanical and see what it says after the test.

Honor Student
sflitteral
Message 5 of 5 (7,009 Views)

thanks Ill give your suggestion a try

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation