Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
X576DW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have owned an HP X576DW for a few years now and its performed flawlessly.  I've not printed many, if any, high resolutions photos on photo paper until today.  I'm using Kodak photo paper, 8.5 x 11 in size, and printing from multiple programs, the image shows , only on the top half, 4 bands that can best be described as a 2" horizontal slightly darker, then a 2" slightly lighter, then a 2" slightly darker, and finally another 2" slighly lighter.  Then the bottom half of the document, there are no bands and it is the same tone as the darker upper bands.  If the lighter bands were removed and replaced with darker bands, the entire photo would look fine.  I hope that makes sense.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software, cleaned the heads, aligned the heads, deep cleaned the heads.

I use only HP ink cartridges and all are full.

The bands appear on plain white paper as well as glossy photo paper.

I have not tried authentic HP paper to see if that makes a difference, but am willing to try if someone tells me that actually may make a difference.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.