Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LaserJet 1020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

FYI.  If you still have your HP LaserJet 1020 USB printer and it still work fine even today in 2020 and you want to install it on your network.

It's possible!    Here's how you can do it:    If you have a WiFi router and you have a USB port behind with the RJ-45 ports, your Router may already have the ability to connect your laser printer to it.

- Also the manufacturer under their support tab on their website may also have the application that will make office of the printer interface to the router under WIndows 98 up to Win 10. 

- For example take the TP-Link AC1750, TP_Link does offert the application for Windows & Mac.  In my case it worked and I don't have to plug and unplug the USB cable or use the USB to USB-C with my newer HP Laptop,  Now it's plugged on the router and Voilà!   I can use my WiFi  HP InkJet Printer or my LaserJet 1020 And funny, even my Linux laptop fount the printer plugged on the router. 

So check your router and your router manufacturer to see if you can plug your USB printer on that router.   Hope this help

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.