Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi. I have a Laser Jet P1102w, which I had set up to print wirelessly previously and had difficulty. So in the printer's Embedded Web Server (EWS) I set it up with a manual IP address and thereafter it was fiine. Then my ISP sent a different router which I set up. Unfortunately I didn't change the manual IP address of my printer on the EWS first. Oops!

Anyway, I reinstalled the printer using the original HP DVD install disc, and also downloaded all the firmware updates and HP Scan and Print Doctor. But it won't complete the wireless installation,  I get an error message:"The printer was able to successfully connect to the wireless network using wireless credentials provided.  However this computer is unable to communicate with the printer.  Please verfiy printer is on the same network as computer and try again." 

I am able to print out a Self Test/Configuration page from the printer which shows the old manual IP address that I had put into the EWS. Of course that IP address won't bring up the EWS any longer so I can't change it from manual. The Config page also shows that my printer is on the new network, as is my computer. I'm thinking that the printer's being held back by not being able to connect with the new router since that router doesn't have an IP address anywhere near the manual one I put on the printer (if that makes sense).

I've seen in other responses to similar inquiries that I can get rid of the manual IP address if I do a factory reset. Except I don't know how. The P1102 w does not have a "control panel", just the wireless button and another "X" button - the one that's pressed to get the Configuration Page. Pressing them together does not reset anything.

Can you tell my how to do a reset to factory defaults? Or think of some other way I can get into the printer's EWS so I can correct this issue? Or some other solution?  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hi, me again. I did manage to reset the printer by doing the following: 1. Have the printer off. 2. Push and hold both the "X" and wireless buttons simultaneously and then press the power button on. 3.Still Held down both the X and wireless buttons for a total of about 15 seconds from initially pushing them. Then released.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi ,

To Reset your Laser Jet P1102w , Try Step 1: Power Off the Printer , Step 2: Unplug the Power cord, Step 3: Press the Power + Cancel (Red X) while Holding the Power + Cancel Button Connect the Power Cord and wait for 10-15 Seconds - It Should reset the printer - Release the Buttons- Try to install the printer Via USB and Convert it to Wireless .

HP Recommended
Thanks for the prompt reply. I tried your steps several times, along with trying to reinstall the printer software. It appears it did not reset, as it still has the same manual IP address I input, and I'm still getting the same error message I quoted above. Any other ideas?
HP Recommended
Hi, me again. I did manage to reset the printer by doing the following: 1. Have the printer off. 2. Push and hold both the "X" and wireless buttons simultaneously and then press the power button on. 3.Still Held down both the X and wireless buttons for a total of about 15 seconds from initially pushing them. Then released.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.