Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 7520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Folks,

My 7520 has connected to HP's Web Services server for many years, which I've used to send scans directly to my email.  In the last year, my printer can no longer connect to HP's Web Services server.  It's connected to my network, my network is connected to the internet, but the printer never connects to Web Services.

When I point my browser to my printer's IP address and click on links there, the links try to connect to h20180.www2.hp.com.  These links all fail, as it appears HP is no longer running a server at h20180.www2.hp.com.  I'm guessing that this address is hard-coded into my printer's firmware, so I'm stuck.

I've searched through these forums, and seen many problems relating to "not connecting to Web Services" and "h20180.www2.hp.com address not found", but I haven't found a solution to my problem.

I've tried updating the printer's firmware, but HP's firmware update tool says the firmware I download is not compatible with my printer.

Can someone please tell me how I can get my printer re-connected to Web Services?

Thank you for your help!

Russ

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.