Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 2550L
Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Could someone please give me some advice on what to do?  My HP 2550L is suddenly printing out a dark (black plus other ink colors) line on the left side of my copies.   I cleaned off the drum as it had ink in a powdery form on the entire left side.  The ink residue immediately returned.  All my ink cartidge lights have been on for a bit and I was planning on ordering new cartridges for all.   Does my drum also need replacing?  If not,  is there a product I can purchase to clean it off if my current toner cartridges are causing this to occur?  Any help is appreciated as i hate to buy a new drum if that is not the problem.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.