Question

Student
JPWedding3
Message 1 of 4 (358 Views)

Clicking sound on HP Officejet 7500A

I am hearing about five or six plastic clicking sounds after each print job on my new Officejet 7500A - is this normal?

Honor Student
KCRancher
Message 2 of 4 (337 Views)

Re: Clicking sound on HP Officejet 7500A

Did you ever get a response regarding the source of the clicking noises after printing with 7500a and whether HP says this to be normal (such a claim would be difficult to buy since no product would be engineered to make such a noise),  I am experiencing the same clicking. It started right out of the box.  The printer seems to print okay, but the noise it makes after each print job is aweful.  Any info would be appreciated.

Student
mnorto3
Message 3 of 4 (240 Views)

I hear it too.  Loud, almost like something is breaking.  I don't recall it doing this initially, but it does it every time it is initializing a new print job.  Any ideas?

Honor Student
KCRancher
Message 4 of 4 (236 Views)

Although my printer was almost a year old, it was still under warranty, so when I called HP they replaced the printer. A big hassle, but the clicking noises are gone. Good luck.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation