Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I'm looking for the new driver for hp psc 1410 with windows 7
60 REPLIES 60
HP Recommended

Windows 7 has the PSC 1400 series printer drivers included.  You may need to go to the Printers folder, select Add Printer, and when the list of printers comes up select "Windows Update".  This may take several minutes to complete.

Once the drivers are updated you should be able to just plug the USB in and have WIndows find and install the drivers.  

Regards,
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Hi! I have a 1410 also and it's not working under Windows 7. I did what you described but it only made the scanner work. I cannot use the printer, only th scanner. Windows 7 says that there's no driver for it. Any other workaround for this?

Thanks a lot!

HP Recommended

One more thing, when I follow your steps, the list shows a lot of HP printers but only PSC 1500 and 1600. No PSC 1400. Is there a way to manually update?

Any help would be much apreciated!

Thx!

HP Recommended

Hi,

I am running windows 7 64 bit.

Windows recognizes only the scanner part of my psc1410.

Printer has a big yellow exclamation mark indicating troubleshooting is required.

I have tried troubleshooting, installing, reinstalling drivers, windows 7 just cant find it.

any ideas?

thanks

jmpaq

HP Recommended

Make sure your printer is on and connected to the computer when doing this.

-Open windows update

-Check for updates

-View optional updates

- There will be a small update for the psc 1410 series, install that and all functionality will be built in to the windows printer center

HP Recommended
I am having problems wih this too, windows does the update finds everything apart from the drivers, my printer does not work full stop. i have downloaded the soft wear and drivers off the hp web site, all the softwear installs and it goes to the part that tells you to plug the usb cable i and turn on the printer, i do this and it comes up saying there is no driver installed. i have reinstalled everything about 3 times and still nothing, are the drivers actually on the windows update web site/in the download softwear off the hp web site?????
HP Recommended

The new drivers released with Windows 7 - http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=441115&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&submit.y=8&submit.x=6&lang=en&cc=us - works just fine for me now. Before W7 release, I had problems with only the Scanner working, now everything is working with the new HP Drivers.

Try downloading from HP website, not Windows Update.

HP Recommended

this did not work for me whatsoever >_<

HP Recommended

Hello! Happy new year ALL!

I have Windows 7 (x32). I had a problem with the printer hp 1410.

i have downloaded the soft wear and drivers off the hp web site, all the softwear installs and it goes to the part that tells you to plug the usb cable i and turn on the printer, i do this and it comes up saying there is no driver installed http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=441115&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&submit.y=8&submit.x=6&l...
We do the following:
Start-up / the Control panel / Devices and printers / HP PSC 1400 series / debugging

Installation and pleasure

Excuse for English, used translate.ru 😉

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.