Question
windows 7 and hp multimedia keyboard driver?
Replies (32)

Student
bentebbens
Message 21 of 33 (63,620 Views)

Re: windows 7 and hp multimedia keyboard driver?

This last link download worked excellently. No fuss no muss:smileywink: Just download and let system re-boot! I had just gotten off of HP chat and they didn't know a thing about it? Did a search and found these posts. What a shame. I had recently upgraded to Windows 7 64 bit from Vista 32 bit so had to loose everything. This is nice. Have a great day, Ben.

Win7 32: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=pv-76467-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

Win7 64:http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=pv-76469-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

Intern
Chaosdivine
Message 22 of 33 (63,551 Views)

Well I got my multimedia keyboard and mouse to work with Windows 7 finally. In part thanks to this thread - thanks guys! There does seem to be a quirk with load times though that I would like to ask if anyone else notices.

First off: My computer is a Pavillion a6077c. My wireless keyboard part number is 5188-6816 and the mouse part number is 5188-6926. I have fresh installed Windows 7 32 bit (retail upgrade - not HP upgrade) on the machine nuking Vista completely. Like everyone else, I tried using the Vista drivers but HP's decision to put an OS check in the drivers really made me mad and left me hanging. Because of that I will never buy an HP product again nor use their products at our business (guess who makes the decision to purchase hundreds of machines for our IT department? Ya, revenge is sweet!!)

Anyhow stumbling on this thread, I tried all kinds of driver packages and procedures to get it installed and ended up using the sp44446.exe driver package for Windows 7 32 bit. This package was the only one that worked for me. Initially I thought it didn't work though. But if you leave the machine for five or so minutes after loading into Windows 7, it does seem to end up working. As soon as you boot up into Windows and you try to pop open the DVDRW using the enhanced buttons or any advanced button (even the on-screen volume settings) will not work. If I leave the machine alone for about 5 minutes though, then things DO work just fine. There must be some kind of load delay going on. Has anyone else noticed this lag?

I have not yet tried my eHome receiver (beanbag 570-2584) and the MCE remote (5070-2583). I hope they work under Windows 7. We'll see...If anyone has feedback on the receiver/remote, please post your experience also. 

Thank you!

Tutor
ruggb
Message 23 of 33 (61,403 Views)

vcthumper

THANK YOU ------------------------------------

for ref, I have a 5187-7583 kbd and this worked just like ice cream and cookies

been searching for a week.

bill

Teacher
compunerd60
Message 24 of 33 (60,722 Views)

I know this post is almost 2 months old but what the heck i'll see if someone has an answer for me.

I'm running 64 Bit Vista Home Premium IE 8 on my HP 6437A desktop & can't seem to find the correct drivers for my HP Multimedia PS2 keyboard Model # 5184-9648.

It only shows drivers for Win 98 & Win Me & Win2000 & not Vista.

It is a old keyboard & have to get me a newer one that will support Vista 64 bit.

Reading this post might help me on all the installation guides for mine I hope.

Thank's for any comments!

David

HP Pavilion D2346C Seagate 500 gig 7200 rpm 4 gb FoxConn socket 775
Compaq Presario laptop CQ57 Windows 7 64 bit 4 gb's ram
Compaq Presario F700US Windows Vista 64 bit 2gb ram.

Being old is no fun at all!
Home based computer repair business PCTech Inc.
Honor Student
BridgetGee
Message 25 of 33 (60,130 Views)

I downloaded the keyboard driver SP40964 from HP website for Vista 64 bit after I had new hard drive installed on my computer.  Be sure you select SAVE instead of RUN.  Then find the file, open it and it will install.  Restart your computer.  I then had to go to the Control Panel/Hardware & SoundKeyboard (check keyboard status) - on the Buttons tab, select 'restore defaults'.  

Honor Student
BridgetGee
Message 26 of 33 (60,129 Views)

I downloaded the keyboard driver SP40964 from HP website for Vista 64 bit after I had new hard drive installed on my computer.  Be sure you select SAVE instead of RUN.  Then find the file, open it and it will install.  Restart your computer.  I then had to go to the Control Panel/Hardware & SoundKeyboard (check keyboard status) - on the Buttons tab, select 'restore defaults'.  

Student
rusty02
Message 27 of 33 (57,624 Views)

I have the same keyboard -HP 5187-7583, and I tried the link with the sp44447exe, and it did nothing for me. I had to connect my keyboard with a ps2 to usb adapter.  I still can not get my drive buttons or internet button to work.  When I look in the device manager it just shows HID keyboard.  I have a new HP p6674y/ Windows 7 64 bit, home premium. Can anyone help me?

Top Student
TJF-in-Ferndale
Message 28 of 33 (53,431 Views)

I ALSO have the same keyboard -HP 5187-7583, and I ALSO installed sp44447exe. 

• The drive buttons do "work" but they have a significant delay (5-10 sec).
  • The Volume and Mute buttons work fine. 
  • Search Button Works
  • Internet Button Works
  • Info Button launches Windows Help and Support 
  • Email Button Launches Outlook

I would have to say that other that the insane delays, this worked for me. MY only objection is that it is NOT listed under the driver updates available for WIN7 64 bit on my HP Hardware page and probably should be.

I have an older Pavillion A1730n. I custom installed Windows 7 64 bit, home premium over Vista 32 Bit Home Premium (so I had to backup wipe the drive and restore my data)

Student
tenacres
Message 29 of 33 (50,649 Views)

I have had the same trouble installing old updates to my HP M1199A, my computer didn't know it was a HP after a clean install of windows 7 Pro 32bit.

I found the update here for the 32 bit keyboard and installed it worked but not all the buttons worked on my keyboard, and it was slow to react. 

After I installed this update, my wireless adapter arcadyan wn4501f (that even windows 7 doesn't see), after the restart suddenly downloaded the drivers for it, and is working fine!

Does this mean it again thinks its a HP computer??

I now went back to HP updates and reflashed my BIOS (I couldn't before it wouldn't work) now my wirless lan light are also working!

So I again downloaded the old file sp26760.exe HP multimedia mouse keyboard  update for my model M1199a, now all my buttons work as they used too.

So if your buttons don't work, go back and see if the update for your model will help, its worth a shot.

Student
arto
Message 30 of 33 (41,187 Views)

wheresjerry wrote:
I am sure I am not the only person who is checking out win7 beta, but I can not seem to get my multimedia keyboard to open disk drawers, and show on screen display of the volume level.  I really like using the function buttons on the keyboard, do a lot of recording/burning of music, so the buttons are a time saver!  If anybody knows how, and what driver I should be using, it would be much appreciated!  Thanks!

wheresjerry wrote:
I am sure I am not the only person who is checking out win7 beta, but I can not seem to get my multimedia keyboard to open disk drawers, and show on screen display of the volume level.  I really like using the function buttons on the keyboard, do a lot of recording/burning of music, so the buttons are a time saver!  If anybody knows how, and what driver I should be using, it would be much appreciated!  Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation