Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x2 Detachable
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I've have this tablet for about a month and have used numerous networks. Today I cannot turn the WiFi function on from the shortcut or in network settings. It's called "Wi-Fi 2" for some reason. I've tried enabling it but that doesn't work. And yes I have switched if off and then on again.
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello Duckiemcphee,

I have no idea what has happened for your network card to be renamed Wifi-2.

You say you have disabled and re-enabled the card and it did nothing?

Here is Microsoft's troubleshooting guide and has that very option. Did you do go through these steps?

How do I fix network adapter problems? - Windows Help

There is a third party utility that's handy for fixing network problems which may or may not help your specific situation.

But its worth a shot, Credit to the Windows Club.

NetAdapter Repair: Tool to troubleshoot and fix Network issues

IF this does not fix it, did you install something and it changed your adapter settings?

Go to Search and type in device manager and open it from the list.

Go down to Network Adapters and expand the arrow.

Is there a yellow caution sign next to Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 (or similar model number)

If so, right click on it and choose Uninstall.

Restart the tablet and it will reinstall again.

If this does not solve the problem, you may be better off and time saved to simply do a System recovery via F11 at startup.

You would have to backup personal files somewhere other than the C: drive (like a USB flash drive) and reinstall other third party software you may have previously installed.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.