Question

Honor Student
JohnnyClueless
Message 1 of 7 (50,596 Views)

HP Mini 110 MIE - Wireless Driver issues XP and Win7 - Help!!

Upon receiving my MIE edition 110, I installed Windows 7.  Noticed that the wireless was not working so I scowered the Internet and found one that would work.  Finally, i was able to surf the net.  However, the problem starts when I completely shut down the computer, wait a few min and boot back up.  The wireless adapter no longer is recognized.  I go to device manager and see the caution sign, with an error "The device cannot start (error 10).  I then, re-install the driver, and the system works again UNTIL its shut down. Then the cycle starts all over.  I figured this was just a problem with Windows 7, so I installed Windows XP via a flash drive.  To my surprise, after installing the XP drivers provided by HP, I have the exact same problem.  it works when installed, then when I shut down, and boot back up, the wireless adapter does not work and the same error message appears in the device manager.

what could the problem be now?  I am at a loss.  Could it be a hardware issue?  I would have to send my 110 back for repair as its brand new... Any suggestions, help, advice??

Thank you

Honor Student
DFour
Message 2 of 7 (47,487 Views)

Re: HP Mini 110 MIE - Wireless Driver issues XP and Win7 - Help!!

Hi

I am having a similar problem in Windows 7. It will not accept my PIN authorization code for sign on to my router. Only the PC says it is receiving a signal and and I can connect on the same wireless router with my compact which is made by HP. Seems to be an Windows 7 security Issue.

Student
brentemmerich
Message 3 of 7 (45,512 Views)

I am having a similar issue.

I have windows 7 starter on my hp mini and it will not ask for my security pin when it trys to log into my wireless router.

I am using the belkin wireless G routers http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=136493

Any ideas why it wont ask for the pin.

Student
ramygaber
Message 4 of 7 (15,051 Views)

Student
nyonk
Message 5 of 7 (7,908 Views)

its very cool

Student
loco14
Message 6 of 7 (4,026 Views)

tengo una hp mini 110-3730 con win7 profesional 64 bits y ninguncontrolador de red  que descargo me sirve  ni tampoco los wirelles donde puedo descargar los controladores gacias

Tutor
lustyln
Message 7 of 7 (4,002 Views)

im no whiz but i was haveing similar issues and it had to do with my antivirus and firewall blocking it everytime  i had to reload every single time to  i had to get help with it  actually they did it for me i paid for it thow and i am sorry i dont know exactly what they did but it was to do with firewall and security  maybe that might help ya a little bit hope so if not good luck getting a answer i know it is aggravating

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation