Question

Honor Student
kalendjay
Message 1 of 5 (2,905 Views)

How to remove Fast Again malware?

i am plagued by two or three supposedly free virus scan softwares. the problems started with Activeris Fast Again PC Booster. I am on Windows  7 64 bit,  Pavillion g6. Every time I boot it just interrupts what I,m doing to scan. I do not want to pay for this software for the privilege of cleaning up my drive. I want to go back to McAfee and remove this Fast Again malware and any other freeware responsible for scanning. By the way, Activeris claims it's a Microsoft certified partner  and I have no way of communicating with them, except to register and give my credit card number. What do I do?

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 5 (2,900 Views)

Re: How to remove Fast Again malware?

Hi;

I would never pay for something like that. It is probably a scam and they will just take your $$$ and you still have the malware.

My recommendation is to use the free Kaspersky Rescure CD, download and burn the file as an ISO file so it is bootable, boot from it and the program will scan and remove most viruses and malware without you even having to be in Windows.

Use the graphic interface which I find is the easiest method to navigate around in the program.  It is pretty easy to use and very effective.

Download link and instructions for use are below.

http://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/rescuedisk

Paul

Student
pastorray
Message 3 of 5 (1,068 Views)

I too am fed up with the  invasion of "Fast Again" on my computer.  It is unsolicited, unwelcome and I desperately want to remove and block it and other such invasive programs.  

Ray Galbraith

Student
tehachapi
Message 4 of 5 (1,033 Views)

Hate FastAgain  Tried and tried to get rid of it  HELP

tehachapi

Distinguished Professor
Kyle_W
Message 5 of 5 (971 Views)

Have you tried using MalwareBytes? I would recommend downloading it from the following link and seeing if it can help you remove the malware: http://www.malwarebytes.org

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation