Question

Student
bigslick1981
Message 1 of 3 (1,233 Views)

Mini 110-3015dx Wireless drivers for XP Pro not working

I bought an HP Mini 110-3015dx with Windows 7 starter pre-installed.  I have since swapped out the HD and loaded XP Pro onto the mini (by slipstreaming the SATA drivers -- what a pain). 

Anyway -- I started looking for the drivers for the hardware, and the driver .exe that HP lists for the machine for the WLAN won't work.  I run the executable, restart, and nothing -- no new network adapter shows up.  I've tried mapping the driver directly to the extracted folder that's created in c:\SWSETUP, but there are no configuration files (only cabs and executables), so I cannot manually add the driver.

Does anyone know the chipset and have a link to the drivers so I can manually map them to the unrecognized devices?  Or is there some other fix?  As much as I like Windows 7, I need XP on this machine.

thanks,

WLH

Student
ssmoth
Message 2 of 3 (806 Views)

Re: Mini 110-3015dx Wireless drivers for XP Pro not working

it does this same thing when you upgard to the full windows 7 - even though that is what HP recommends you do. Then HP will tell you to spend $60 for them to fix the problem - becasue this computer is not compatable with anything other than the windows 7 starter - its just a way for HP to make more money once you buy the product.

Honor Student
HPminiNYC
Message 3 of 3 (761 Views)

Re: Mini 110-3015dx Wireless drivers for XP Pro not working

[ Edited ]

Search the web for "sp48867" and you should find "Atheros Wireless LAN Driver for Microsoft Windows XP".  After much search, trial and error, this finally worked.

Best of luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation