Question

Honor Student
Rivid
Message 1 of 5 (650 Views)
Accepted Solution

Pavilion TS 11 Notebook WIFI & network card problems!

Hi!

I bought new notebook  Pavilion TS 11 with windows 8 64-bit. Its brand new notebook. Wifi and network card works fine, after 1 windows update my wireless and interent connection shut down. I trying to use every single driver on hp website - nothing works.

After i setup a new windows 8 installation from recovery partition, internet and wifi dont' works from start.

this is screen from my windows 8 report [PL]: http://imageshack.com/a/img856/522/qe4t.png

there is saying: driver dont work for wifi and network card.

Anyone can help me here???

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 5 (644 Views)

Re: Pavilion TS 11 Notebook WIFI & network card problems!

[ Edited ]

That is interesting.

The wifi connection icon in the systray as seen usually indicates that there is a valid wifi connection. Click it to see if it shows a connection.  Is the wifi led lit and white instead of amber?  Can you post an image of the Device Manager that shows the wireless network adapter?

your notebook.png

One option would be to connect a CAT5 cable to your router or modem and then use the HP Support Assistant.  Click on the HP icon in the taskbar to start  the HP Support Assistant. Take a look at the Updates and Tuneups section. You can click on it to find driver ojnthe HP support server as long as you have an internet connection.

HPSA touchsmart.PNG 

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
Rivid
Message 3 of 5 (635 Views)

There is valid connections - computer recognise wifi sygnal but can't establish connection.

And this isn't ISP problem, because i can connect to it by wifi on any other device. Btw internet form pendrive [play] dont working. Any cable connections from laptop to router fail too.

I will send you screen from Device Manager after my work. So near 7 pm GMT+1

and i will try again connect laptop to router by cable and use HP assistant.

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 5 (615 Views)

Had you considered using the mildest form of Windows 8 Refresh? It is a pretty amazing feature of Windows 8 & 8.1.

Invoke the search charm. Type in restore and choose Refresh your PC without affecting your files

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
Rivid
Message 5 of 5 (594 Views)

[ Edited ]

I plug in laptop by cable connection to router -->start HP supporter --> download all drivers -->reset computer --> cable network is ONLINE --> reset router--> wifi ONLINE!

Thank you very much for help!

+1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation