Problem with wireless adapter or access point (1610 Views)
Honor Student
Samwells86
Message 1 of 2 (1,610 Views)

Problem with wireless adapter or access point

Hi everyone,

I am having real problems with my laptop at the minute, since Tuesday it has randomly decided to stop connecting to the internet! I have a HP Pavilion G6 and I was using it on Tuesday night and watching a program online then went to use it on wednesday and it won't connect to the internet ever since.

Everytime I have troubleshooted it it says problem with wireless adapter or access point so I reset the router like 20 times to see if it was that....no. Then I went online to see if I could fix it and I saw a video saying to uninstall my wireless and reinstall it, did that...still nothing! Then another YouTube vid said to change my IP address to 88888844 tried that...still nothing. I then restarted the router and used command prompt as administrator and put:

netsh winsock reset catalog
Netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log I then rebooted my computer and guess what...still not able to connect!

I share my flat with 2 room mates and both of them can connect and I can still use the wireless on my phone but my laptop is just not having it! I am currently studying a masters and really need to use my laptop with the internet so if anyone has any suggestions please please please get in touch I would be really grateful!

Thanks
Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 2 (1,603 Views)

Re: Problem with wireless adapter or access point

Hi,

The router is working with other devices therefore the problem must be from your laptop. Re-install driver may help. G6 is a series of many models, what is yours ? You may go to Device manager and Update/Re-Install from there.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation