Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I currently own a HP ENVY DV6T-7300 and I would like to upgrade my WIFI module from Ralink RT5390R to Intel 7260 HMWG.  Is it compatible and if not can someone please provide me with a whitelist to choose from?  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Erick1 wrote:

Pepe999, 

I just placed an order for Intel 7260AC.  I'll let you know the results as soon as possible.  Thank you.

It works flawlessly!  Thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Erick1 wrote:

I currently own a HP ENVY DV6T-7300 and I would like to upgrade my WIFI module from Ralink RT5390R to Intel 7260 HMWG.  Is it compatible and if not can someone please provide me with a whitelist to choose from?  Thank you.

Hi,

These models don't have the whitelist so you can use any wifi card you want. However, AMD models have issues with Intel wifi chips. If your model is based on AMD then consider a dual band/ac wifi card from other manufacturers than Intel.

Asus ROG STRIX G16 Manjaro Xfce
HP Touchpad provided by HP
HP Microserver Gen8 10TB Debian Server

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
HP Recommended

@pepe999 wrote:

@Erick1 wrote:

Hi,

These models don't have the whitelist so you can use any wifi card you want. However, AMD models have issues with Intel wifi chips. If your model is based on AMD then consider a dual band/ac wifi card from other manufacturers than Intel.

Hi pepe999, 

I noticed that you own a DV6-7000 with Intel core i5.  I assume that you upgraded your WI-FI module to Intel 7260AC.  My system is powered with Intel Core i7-3630 with a BIOS made by Insyde (firmware version F.29).  I just would like to confirm that you have the same BIOS to avoid any incompatibility issues should I proceed with upgrading it to 7260AC as well.  Ralink RT5390R is a 1x1 Wi-Fi module and I found out recently that all recommended modules from the maintenance and service manual are single antenna. Your response will be highly appreciated.

HP Recommended

@Erick1 wrote:

@pepe999 wrote:

@Erick1 wrote:

Hi,

Hi pepe999, 

I noticed that you own a DV6-7000 with Intel core i5.  I assume that you upgraded your WI-FI module to Intel 7260AC.  My system is powered with Intel Core i7-3630 with a BIOS made by Insyde (firmware version F.29).  I just would like to confirm that you have the same BIOS to avoid any incompatibility issues should I proceed with upgrading it to 7260AC as well.  Ralink RT5390R is a 1x1 Wi-Fi module and I found out recently that all recommended modules from the maintenance and service manual are single antenna. Your response will be highly appreciated.

Your laptop has probably Windows 8 on it but it makes no difference. This series laptops have no whitelist on any OS or BIOS. You can upgrade to Intel 7260AC without any troubles. Hope the laptop has two antennas but I guess it does.

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
HP Recommended

Pepe999, 

I just placed an order for Intel 7260AC.  I'll let you know the results as soon as possible.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

@Erick1 wrote:

Pepe999, 

HP Recommended

@Erick1 wrote:

@Erick1 wrote:

Pepe999, 

Well done!!:)

HP Recommended

True, sadly true, doesn't works by now, maybe cutting "wires"...

20170908_215947 2.jpg

20170908_220057 2.jpg

20170908_220324 2_2.jpg

HP Recommended

HP PAVILION G6 1121ss  , with WINDOWS 7, i don't know BIOS version or if it has whitelist.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.