08-10-2012 05:53 PM
I just purchased a new HP Pavilion dv7t-7000 and the touchpad is driving me crazy. The touchpad is always getting stuck in scroll mode and I have to hit escape several time to get out of scroll mode. Is there a way to disable this?
This question was solved. View Solution.
08-11-2012 05:36 AM
I'd try a clean installation of the TouchPad driver as follows.
First, download the latest Synaptics driver installer on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.
Next, open windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features, right click the entry 'Synaptics Pointing Device Driver' and select Uninstall.
When this has completed, restart the notebook.
When windows has fully reloaded, open your Downloads folder, right click the Synaptics installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation. When this has completed, restart the notebook again.
Further configuration options for your TouchPad ( including whether to Enable/Disable scrolling ) can be found on the link below.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer
- Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7)
- Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8)
- Resolving issues in Internet Explorer (Windows 8)
- Resolving Internet Explorer issues (Windows 7, Vista, XP)
- Resolving Broadband Internet connection problems (Windows 8)